SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gretsch Filtertrons

Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
Hi all

Anybody got any Gretsch Filtertrons they no longer need?

Cheers

David 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 168
    I have a pair of vintage chrome Filtertrons, no surrounds but both in good shape.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    Zoonyboy said:
    I have a pair of vintage chrome Filtertrons, no surrounds but both in good shape.
    PM'd
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    I've got a pair of MIC blacktops with surrounds? 
    I've got a pair of MIC blacktops with surrounds? 
    Thanks, but that's exactly what I'm swapping out! I like the bridge, but the neck just lacks that gretsch sparkle for me in overdrive. Looking to at least swap the neck with a regular filtertron.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    Fair enough! I've had these sat around for a while with the intention of putting them in a 335-type, but I quite like what I've already got in there so I've not gotten around to it yet!

The older stock filter'trons on MIJ Fenders were nice and growly, should be a good choice for you then. 
    Fair enough! I've had these sat around for a while with the intention of putting them in a 335-type, but I quite like what I've already got in there so I've not gotten around to it yet!

The older stock filter'trons on MIJ Fenders were nice and growly, should be a good choice for you then. 
    Thanks for the info. I've literally just sold a Japanese jet, and had another 2 previously. Got an electromatic for the time being and have no complaints, other than preferring the HS filtertrons over the Blacktop filtertrons...at least the neck anyway.