SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Jaguar pickups

Anyone looking to sell a set of jag pickups?

Some Fender AVRI ones, or something boutique (without paying a king’s ransom)

upgrading from the vintage modified Squier ones so not looking for Squier pickups 

Thank you 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    edited May 2021
    I recently read an article on one of the offset guitars enthusiasts' websites in which the author described improving the stock Squier pickups by unwinding the bridge/Treble pickup from the stock 11 or 12k back to approximately 8k.

HarrySeven had the original pickups from my AVRI '62 Jaguar. I have no idea whether he ever installed them. 

upgrading from the vintage modified Squier ones so not looking for Squier pickups 
    Does your VM Jaguar have the Duncan Designed JG-101 pickups or the later, Fender-designed pair?

Are you aiming for a vintage Fender sound palette or something more aggressive à la HarrySeven? (Hot Rails, Cool or Vintage Rails, Lace Sensors et cetera.) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    Hi Mate, I have a Seymore Duncan Vintage Series with the cover and claw if youre interested drop me a pm
    The Squier VM has Duncan Designed JG-101 single coils. These are of low output and notoriously wiry sounding.

The post-2019 Classic Vibe series pickups are louder and of fuller tone.

I have recently acquired a CV Seventies Jag. If I decide to splash some cash on upgrades, the Fender-designed pickups could be available at modest cost.

Unless I buy something like skippy76's item, I shall need to keep my pickup covers and screening "claws".
  • upgrading from the vintage modified Squier ones so not looking for Squier pickups 
    The Squier VM has Duncan Designed JG-101 single coils. These are of low output and notoriously wiry sounding.

The post-2019 Classic Vibe series pickups are louder and of fuller tone.

I have recently acquired a CV Seventies Jag. If I decide to splash some cash on upgrades, the Fender-designed pickups could be available at modest cost.

Unless I buy something like skippy76's item, I shall need to keep my pickup covers and screening "claws".
    If you do look to sell those, I would be interested for sure.

thank you 
    edited June 2021
    If you do look to sell those, I would be interested for sure.

The simplest and tidiest option is if I disconnect the stock Squier pickups and sell them complete with their covers and claws attached. (Less work for either of us and no faffing about, getting third party parts to fit.)

Somebody on eBay is asking £20 for a cover- and clawless Duncan Designed JG101B. Therefore, I reckon £50 PPF&F shipped for my pair is a fair price.