SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - Epiphone 56 RI wiring harness, switch & p90s

What's Hot
Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
edited May 2021 in Parts £
Taken straight from a Korean Epi 56 RI goldtop Les Paul but have kept the cream soapbar covers so these come with black ones.

A nice usable taper on the alpha pots and a full size switchcraft switch. I’m no expert but it looks to have treble bleeds on too (correct me if I’m wrong). One of the pots is starting to go a tiny bit crackly & I have a spare 500k alpha pot that I’m happy to include for when it needs replacing. It’s only a small amount of crackle & id not bother personally as it’s perfectly usable as is - plus am sure some deoxit will probably sort it - so any replacement shouldn’t need doing for a good while yet.

£50 + postage seems about right I think as the pups are nice. Let me know if I’m way out and I’ll of course listen to offers.

Trade wise I’m actually after a push pull harness for a Les Paul, including switchcraft switch. Perhaps a Jimmy Page harness if one’s going unused.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wxlZP8Q

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Fifty9 said:
    a push pull harness for a Les Paul, including switchcraft switch. Perhaps, a Jimmy Page harness if one’s going unused.
    FYI, the so-called Jimmy Page 4-pot wiring harness is designed to operate with a pair of dual (side-by-side) coil pickups.

It is not appropriate for P90 pickups (including stacked coil lookalikes). 

IMO, this wiring harness is wasted on Firebird or mini-humbuckers. There will not be sufficient sonic variation and the "inside" coils are too far apart.

Might be worth trying with 4-con Filter'Trons.

If I knew what replacement pickups will be going into the Epiphone LP, it might be possible to suggest a circuit to get the most out of them. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    edited May 2021
    Thanks mate.

I have 4 conductor pups that I’m fitting to a hb les paul - hence my interest in a Jimmy page harness in exchange for this. I’ve already changed out the pups & harness in my 56 copy.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Paging (see what I did there?) @sixstringsupplies ;
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    thanks @Funkfingers ;

@Fifty9 depending on your budget we have a solderless Page harness launching next weekend - see details here:
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2943602

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials