Matthias Jabs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Jabs' solos are excellent IMO. They do things in them that I just can't work out. You know there's pentatonic stuff, but its never predictable. His note choices and where he jumps between in the solos are unlike any other player that I can think of. I think he's got a distinctive style which incorporates melody as well as that hard to play speed which still allows you to hear what's being played, but is fast enough to be exciting and mysterious.

I agree with Fred's assessment of the Blackout solo. Its just brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited June 2021
    Jabs' solos are excellent IMO. They do things in them that I just can't work out. You know there's pentatonic stuff, but its never predictable. His note choices and where he jumps between in the solos are unlike any other player that I can think of. I think he's got a distinctive style which incorporates melody as well as that hard to play speed which still allows you to hear what's being played, but is fast enough to be exciting and mysterious.

I agree with Fred's assessment of the Blackout solo. Its just brilliant.

This! Jabs does some truly hard to get right solos. He has the ability to twist and turn with seemingly unpredictability. Parts of the Blackout guitar solo are really hard as he's so precise. Don't even get me started on the "Rock you like a hurricane solo"! Everyone time I play either of those solos I feel like I'm hanging on for dear life! Starts off easy enough then comes the roller coaster! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom