How do you amplify your acoustic?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    K&K Pure Mini -> AER Alpha

Been using that in various acoustics for ~15 years now. I'm sure I read once or twice I'd be better off using the K&K Preamp in the middle to fix an impedance mismatch, but it's always sounded great. Occasionally I get GAS to put together a more feature-rich acoustic rig (dedicated pre-amp pedal, pedal tuner, boost etc), but I've done many gigs with this setup and never had any complaints.

The ToneDexter does look cool though...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4780
    jhumber said:
    K&K Pure Mini -> AER Alpha

<snip> 
    I'm sure I read once or twice I'd be better off using the K&K Preamp in the middle to fix an impedance mismatch, but it's always sounded great. 
    <snip>
    It's fine into a decent acoustic guitar amp. They're usually 1MOhm. It's straight into the PA that can sound poor and benefit from the preamp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a Fishman loudbox mini charge - which has an inbuilt battery which lasts about 3-4 hours between charges. The acoustic amplification/reproduction is quite faithful and it's Ok for electric's too.

The downsides are: 1. Volume is Ok for small spaces but it certainly is not a stadium filler.

2. It has a highly tasteful brown leatherette casing and lots of classic looking knobs and lights. Therefore for impromptu public performances/busking this makes it somewhat vulnerable , but it's quite heavy so I am confident that I could catch anyone who tried to run away with it... but what happens then, I don't like to think about...

• Mr_ClawMr_Claw Frets: 94
    Well, it has a big hole in the front!

I don't have an electro-acoustic and I don't play acoustic out, so it does just fine au naturale.