SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Duncan Designed Chrome Cover Humbucker

Long shot but has anyone got a Duncan designed humbucker they are looking to sell . Ive got a Schecter guitar which I am trying to put back to stock and need a the humbucker to match the pickpup in the neck position - would need to have the extra wires so it can be colied tapped .

thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14458
    All OEM Duncan Designed humbuckers have 4-con + shield output cable - even models on which it is not really appropriate. Most get short baseplate elevator screw lugs.

What model number is your DuncDes neck position pickup?

HB-101 = 2 x '59 pair
    HB-102 = JB/Jazz pair
    HB-103 = Distortion pair

Other model numbers represent designs based on the Firebird, Filter'Tron and Invader. (To name three.)

I can not remember any labelling convention for F-spaced bridge/Treble position humbuckers..

TBH, unless your current bridge/Treble pickup is some rare or hyper-expensive boutique item, it might be wiser to just let it go in the sale.

You could easily spend thirty to forty quid to obtain the replacement for another pickup of notional value forty five.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Thanks , according to the spec sheet of the guitar it should be  a Duncan Designed HB-102 . The pickup which was removed was a Seymour Duncan invader which sounded great but was red so was in keeping in the white finish of the guitar .

Any recommendations on a cheap suitable replacement , its just to get the guitar back working and so it can be sold so do not wish to invest too much . 

thanks again 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14458
    Seymour Duncan Invader … red.
    I understand why you want to keep that.  :)

Any recommendations on a cheap suitable replacement?
    What colour is the finish on the cover of your neck position humbucker? Chrome, nickel, gold, black, pewter? Is the pad printed Duncan Designed logo still legible?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • It's chrome with a black 
     duncan designed script. Not too fussed of has the the markings to the front of  the casing it's more to do with matching the output of the neck pickups.

Thanks