SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gold Humbucker sized single coil pickup(s) - either just neck or a full set

dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
edited June 2021 in Parts £
I’m on the lookout for a humbucker sized single coil neck pickup like the Fralin Twangmaster or McNelly Stagger Swagger. I’m after more of a single coil sound than a P-90 sound but as long as there’s a good level of clarity and a nice open, glassy sound then I’m open to ideas! Even if it’s a full humbucker! Has to be gold covered/partial covered though to match my new geetar. 

based near Leeds but I’m happy to pay for postage. 

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14498
    IMHO, you need to include the Fralin and McNelly brand names in your Discussion title. Otherwise, idiots like me will assume that you seek HB-sized P90s or Dyna-Sonics and read no further.

Somebody out there must make replicas of Gibson "staple" pickups in HB covers. Likewise, the Gibson soapbar pickup with alnico rod polepieces. (Alegree springs to mind.)

FWIIW, noise-cancelling pickups with bright, clear tones could include the Oil City Pickups Winterizer II. (Firebird style. Fantastic in neck/Rhythm position.)

It might be worth contacting jamesoliver1234 to ask his opinion of the mini Charlie Christian pickup. Somebody makes them in HB dimensions. Possibly, Curtis Novak.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader

Somebody out there must make replicas of Gibson "staple" pickups in HB covers. Likewise, the Gibson soapbar pickup with alnico rod polepieces. (Alegree springs to mind.)

We make humbucker sized Strat single coils, no need to go looking into our other stuff.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk