Silly synths

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7810
    thegummy said:
    Paul_C said:

I've not tried making my own samples yet, but from what I've read it should be ok to use .wav files as long as they're
     short (and small) enough.

Can they be transferred via the USB port from a Windows PC?

That would still be decent I suppose but would have been much cooler if it had an audio input.

The V2 can use the USB port, the V1 that I have uses a stereo mini jack plugged into the headphone socket on my PC.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Paul_C said:

The V2 can use the USB port, the V1 that I have uses a stereo mini jack plugged into the headphone socket on my PC.
    Oh wow so it can actually record audio?

The video I saw suggested the only way to load samples was via an iPhone app.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7810

No, for V1 at least there's a thing called Voysr which can be used to load the samples onto the Volca, and from what I've read you can load wav files into Voysr and from there upload to the Volca.

There's a FB page with a load of free downloads of samples, which is all I've used so far.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    I just bought a Behringer Model D - it’s an interesting little jobbie. 
    I managed to dial in some decent sounds in not a lot of time, but that could well be due the the excellence of the design of the original item. 
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
    Don't know if these count, but I just picked up the Behringer Wasp and Pro-One.  Taking me back to my youth, as I had a Wasp back in the 70's.  Won't get to use them for a few weeks though, as I'm re-routing all the wiring in the studio and patching in the 32 channel mixer.
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
    edited September 2021
    I feel like this belongs under this thread:

Very hard to see how to use this in polite company
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom