SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: P90 (soapbar, black)

MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
edited September 2021 in Parts £
Now sorted.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14496
    I have a Seymour Duncan STKP-1b P90 Stack doing nothing but occupying space.

Good news - black cover, higher than vintage output, noise-cancelling, 4-con + shield output cable for series/split/parallel mode wiring.*

Bad news - Duncan STKPs are taller than the average P90. You may need to deepen the pickup cavity to fit one.

Furthermore, the cover is of standard height. If the pickup protrudes far enough above the top of your guitar, the edge of the cover could be exposed and part of the lower coil unprotected. (No worse than an SD Antiquity soapbar P90.)

I need to check how much cable remains on my pickup. They now seem to retail for just over £100. I would accept £55 shipped PPF&F or trade for other pickups.

* The Duncan convention for this pickup is that parallel coils mode is default. Series mode is louder with more midrange grunt and less high end. Split is the clearest but, of course, is prone to RF interference and hum. Partial splittage of the lower coil might be worth experimenting with.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
    Oh wow, perfect! Why is it you always seem to have exactly what I'm looking for?

Height shouldn't be an issue. The stock pickup in this guitar is already at the very edge of its height range, and I'd still like it to be slightly closer to the strings!

I shall contact you via PM.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14496
    Mattayus said:
    Why is it you always seem to have exactly what I'm looking for?
    It is an illusion caused by me hoarding far too much guitar-related stuff.  =)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.