SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Humbucker for dogear P90 or noiseless P90

jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 312
Right - I’ve got a LP Junior that is bloody amazing but the P90 hum is doing my head in. 

Has anyone got a Humbucker in dogear format (a la The Creamery) or a noiseless dogear P90 for sale? 

I know, I know, mad to swap out a P90 etc, but I play in a functions and events band where people are more likely to be put off by excessive hum and buzz than they are to fully appreciate classic 50s tones etc etc. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11942
    Alegree (via his ebay site) does some cheap imported P90 soapbars that are noise-cancelling
    I bought a pair

bear in mind, they often need you to drill out 6 x 10mm holes about 4mm deep in the bottom of the existing hole to get the pickup to fit

AFAIK you can get a different cover to use soapbars as dog ears
    https://kinman.com/model-products.php?pid=6&products=P-90&modelid=85&model=Overview&group=Single Pickups#dogear

I have never done it, you need to research that

I would assume that Kinman do the best noise cancelling ones, since their strat pickups are amazing
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 312
    Alegree (via his ebay site) does some cheap imported P90 soapbars that are noise-cancelling
    I bought a pair

bear in mind, they often need you to drill out 6 x 10mm holes about 4mm deep in the bottom of the existing hole to get the pickup to fit

AFAIK you can get a different cover to use soapbars as dog ears
    https://kinman.com/model-products.php?pid=6&products=P-90&modelid=85&model=Overview&group=Single Pickups#dogear

I have never done it, you need to research that

I would assume that Kinman do the best noise cancelling ones, since their strat pickups are amazing
    Thanks man - I’ll have a look at the Alegree ones. I’ve seen a video he did about swapping base plates and
    it looks easy enough!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14501
    edited July 2021
    jdbwales said:
    I play in a functions and events band where people are more likely to be put off by excessive hum and buzz than they are to fully appreciate classic 50s tones etc. 
    So, use a noise gate pedal.

Somewhere amongst the tFB FX £ listings lurks my Rocktron Hush The Pedal dual threshold noise gate. One switch for on/off. The other to select between the two threshold settings.

I can not recall what price I posted. Haggling is a possibility.

EDIT: I just bumped the pedal listing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 312
    edited July 2021
    jdbwales said:
    I play in a functions and events band where people are more likely to be put off by excessive hum and buzz than they are to fully appreciate classic 50s tones etc. 
    So, use a noise gate pedal.

Somewhere amongst the tFB FX £ listings lurks my Rocktron Hush The Pedal dual threshold noise gate. One switch for on/off. The other to select between the two threshold settings.

I can not recall what price I posted. Haggling is a possibility.

EDIT: I just bumped the pedal listing.
    Thanks, I’ll have a look but I a) don’t fancy buying a noise gate pedal for one guitar I use for a couple of songs live and b) don't have room on my board for another pedal!
    Edit: ahh yeah, just looked and it’s pretty big - would never get on the board! My guitars are otherwise humbuckered and very quiet, think I’ve got a handle on a pickup now though! Thanks anyway man.