What's Hot
2»

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    I think I need a bigger pedalboard.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    edited July 2021
    Fellow Fractal gigger, I run my delays in series and mix is around 10 - 12% although I also add the London Plate reverb with a low mix for my lead scenes. Only a couple of repeats, unless I specifically want long tails in which case I would use the Plex Delay. I also use ducking to keep things tidy when I'm playing

There's no way in hell I could ever hear my delays in a band mix as I do at home on my own, but it does make a difference as I have an identical lead scene without the delay that I rarely use

After the last delay update I've also been using the Carbon Copy model before the amp in some presets. Mix for that is 2% and ducking is quite high, but you really hear the repeats when you stop playing.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Got the first gig with the AFX3 tomorrow night (and the first in about 18 months). We actually have a bloke doing our sound for once as well, so it'll be interesting hearing how my delays translate to a live environment.

I have the lead delay mix as a quick control on the performance page of the AFX3 just in case ;)
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    edited July 2021
    FM3 user, I'm not keen on loads of delay, I usually set delay (in series with signal chain) at around 8% and can hear that clearly playing at home. 

Played a live gig last weekend - output to FOH.

Caught some live clips captured out front. Could hear guitar no problem, the delay was inaudible. 

Going to bump it up a bit, sounds like 10 -12% is a good ballpark.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7292
    I find with live you either have to exaggerate it if it's a feature of the sound .like you want to hear the individual delay notes as part of the guitar line or dial back if it's a more subtle thickening type thing.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ