What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17637
    tFB Trader
    Could you use a stereo 4x12?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Could you use a stereo 4x12?
    I think so yeah. dual 8-ohms with my Egnater cab?

I guess for those instances where I can bring my own cab, I can deign to just use one amp. lol.

Bye!

• Nick13Nick13 Frets: 734
    Nick13 said:
    I'm really loving this combo. They're so amazing together.

So a bit more info:

Diezel VH4 is from 2001. I bought it 2nd hand on eBay for £1280, which I thought an absolute steal at the time. When I got it, I emailed Peter Diezel to get it dated, and he said I should remove a few resistors from one section. So I did that. I ended up replacing the midi eprom chip inside, which was a bit of a pain in the ass, since I also had to replace some tiny capacitors in there without breaking any of the other components around it. I got it done eventually. But was a bit scareh!!

The Satriani JVM410HJS, that I don't have a date for. I was a bit reluctant to buy it at first purely because it had purple snakeskin tolex, and I thought it was damn ugly. But they're quite hard to get hold of, and the guy was asking for £750. Which really was an absolute steal! I bought that this February and have fallen in love with it all over again (it's the 2nd one I've ever had).

Can definitely get those Adam Jones TOANZ by using the two amps together, and both of them clean up really nicely too. Channel 3 on the VH4 and OD1 Red on the JVM with the gain at about 1pm-ish..... hog heaven. Absolute hog heaven.

I'm now thinking about getting two 2x12 cabs for live performances, and using a dual amp setup. Will have to see. The rest of the band might not be too happy with that!

Couldn't you just stack the whole lot live and your stage footprint would be the same as 1x amp+cab
    Yeah that's more or less what I am thinking. Couldn't get away with two 4x12's for sure. Not in a two guitarist band!

Just demand the other guy does the same.

My band has 3 guitars,  would love to hear that with all multi amp setups:)