Potential house move again....

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31593
    The problem I'm having really is deciding whether moving from a semi to a bigger terraced is a good idea or not. I took a ride around the area last night, it's a lot quieter than where we currently are. Got home last night.... loads of kids in all the gardens around us till 11ish at night. Like.. wtf is that about!?

Ultimately, that's the kind of stuff which matters most, whatever part of the country you're in. 

I have really good neighbours, but could easily move to a nicer house 200 metres away and have arseholes next door. 

Of course, being the noisiest, most obnoxious neighbour yourself is always an option. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    scrumhalf said:
    Dominic said:
    Stretch yourself and try to get to the cheaper side of Mill Hill

I took a walk down to Mill Hill East yesterday, first time since the pandemic began. There appears to have been an infestation in what we must now refer to as Millbrook Park. Not only is every square foot covered in blocks of flats, but they're so fucking ugly that the architect needs to be put in the stocks. This, sadly, is the future of the London Borough of Barnet - pay us money and you can stick up any old ugly piece of shit.

The development where the old NIMH building used to be is criminally ugly. It's a beautiful part of the world, with lovely scenery and they put up Lubyanka-style boxes. IT could have been beautiful.

I shudder to think at the monstrosities that may come out of the redevelopment of the car parks at Cockfosters, High Barnet and Finchley Central (where the current plans are so ugly they need an 18 certificate).
    I live in Hadley Wood within walking distance of the Cockfosters scheme .......have to disagree because nothing could be worse in architectural terms than the old UDT building ( the early 60s arc shaped thing ).......it's also a great commuter location.
  • I used to live in Wood Green, then Palmers Green, then Southgate, and then Turnpike Lane.

They're all shitholes. Although Wood Green has some nice restaurants now. Still a bit stabby tho.

I used to work at the Cock & Dragon. The landlord was a fucking deekkkkkkheeiiidddddd!!

Bye!