Is anyone here in or near Caerphilly?

What's Hot
Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
I have second dibs on a guitar that's up for sale in Caerphilly. It's one I'd very much like but it's expensive so I wouldn't want to buy untried. Caerphilly is about four hours drive from me so a long way to go if it proves to be a lemon.

Would any member in that location be prepared to look it over for me if the first dibs guy walks away or fails to show? There'd be a generous drink for the favour.

Please PM me if you think you might be able to help. It could be this coming weekend.

Thanks, Jim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Caerphilly is jamesoliver1234 territory. He is unlikely to read your request in Off Topic. Try sending him a PM.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1438
    Caerphilly is jamesoliver1234 territory. He is unlikely to read your request in Off Topic. Try sending him a PM.
    Or tag him in so he actually know about this thread.  Paging @jamesoliver1234 ; - England calling Wales, England calling Wales, are you receiving - over?

• im in blackwood about 10 mins away .. im happy to go and try it for you..

im free monday 26th july but have gigs tues to sun then im free mon 2 aug tues 3rd then im going on tour to sweden and norway so if you can arrange one of them days ill pop down for you .. im on 07527920898 give me a call 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    edited July 2021
    @Funkfingers and @Dodge thanks for the heads-up on James who just happens to live in the next village to the seller. A huge thank you too to James who made time in his busy gigging schedule to check out the guitar for me and give it the thumbs-up. I'll pick it up next week and then there will be a NGD

BTW The first dibs buyer was a no-show so that let me in.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965

Is anyone here in or near Caerphilly

No, but I drive that way. 

;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Jimbro66 said:
    A huge thank you too to James who made time in his busy gigging schedule to check out the guitar for me and give it the thumbs-up. 
    James is a gentleman and a scholar.

Jimbro66 said:
    I'll pick it up next week and then there will be a NGD
    I deduce from the fact James has not gazumped you, that your expensive purchase is not a vintage Fender. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429

Is anyone here in or near Caerphilly

No, but I drive that way. 
    That’s not what I heard  ;)

I deduce from the fact James has not gazumped you, that your expensive purchase is not a vintage Fender. ;)
    No, not a vintage Fender but James did say he might have bought it if I didn’t.