Dave Simpson

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
in Guitar tFB Trader
Some of you know Dave already, for those who don’t he is an all around lovely chap and fantastic guitar player. YouTube is his stomping ground, he does regular uploads with varying material. I remember watching him years ago playing an old Marshall nice and loud in the shop he used to work in. I’ve followed him since, always enjoyed his content and down to earth approach to YouTube. Needless to say I was delighted when I got speaking to him properly a while back and more so last year.

He was doing an overhaul on a fender Strat and after throwing a few ideas around I was sent the black polyurethane body to get to work on.

The video says pretty much covers everything, have a nosy and see what you think. Seeing this has more than made my day :) 

https://youtu.be/PBgWBldmSzo
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I’ll need to have a catch up. I remember whatever part it was where he said he was sending it off for refinishing.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    Excellent stuff @GoldenEraGuitars your order book will keep on growing now!!

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Great job and amazing re the veneer removal. Dave’s a lovely bloke and simply unbelievable guitarist too. Sweet!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1731
    tFB Trader
    I love his channel, his whole vibe is just great, I'll watch this!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    Some of you know Dave already, for those who don’t he is an all around lovely chap and fantastic guitar player. YouTube is his stomping ground, he does regular uploads with varying material. I remember watching him years ago playing an old Marshall nice and loud in the shop he used to work in. I’ve followed him since, always enjoyed his content and down to earth approach to YouTube. Needless to say I was delighted when I got speaking to him properly a while back and more so last year.

He was doing an overhaul on a fender Strat and after throwing a few ideas around I was sent the black polyurethane body to get to work on.

The video says pretty much covers everything, have a nosy and see what you think. Seeing this has more than made my day :) 

https://youtu.be/PBgWBldmSzo
    I'm impressed by your work & I really love Dave's genuine boundless enthusiasm & gushing positivity for everything guitar related.
     OK, he's like a springer spaniel on drugs & has been known to bang on a bit, but the world is a better place for him being here.
    Did I mention, he can play the guitar quite canny anarl  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Thank you very much, it really was a joy to see this video. Now, I’ll need to send him one of my aged mint scratchplates for it too!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited July 2021
    Excellent stuff! Dave seems a likeable character and a great player. 

I love the way the body shut him up for a
    minute as well. I mean that in a nicest way, he was genuinely speechless!

I learnt something a well - the yellow stain being applied to the whole body. 

Glad business is going well for you and I’m sure you’ll be getting loads off additional enquiries off the back this exposure. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Gave up watching at 3mins when he took the wrapper off. Shocking condition and suprised if any of that damage could have happened en route. No idea what you must have done to the body before you sent it. Very shoddy work indeed.

Alternatively - stunning looking body and brilliant to see how overwhelmed Dave was on receipt. You'll be swamped (even more so) with orders I'd expect!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    Well done mate, big fan of the both of you. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    You work is stunning @GoldenEraGuitars. I will have to save up and get something done

Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • Fantastic work, and it’s nice to see Dave so happy with it.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Thank you guys. I actually wasn’t expecting a one take - uncut unboxing video. That was quite a surprise. Seeing it certainly lightened my mood, it’s nice to know that my work was well received 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Absolutely awesome work again Scott! Love it!
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1014
    Great work as always!

Did he set up a crowdfunding page for this one? ;-)
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Out of curiosity, is he on here, or was he ever on here or the Music Radar forum back in thon day?
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1498
    I have watched most of the video. It looks extraordinary, Scott. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Fantastic work as always. I'm a newcomer to Dave so I'll have to watch the other vids too. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    That's a lovely endorsement of your work.