SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Looking for dirt cheap guitar necks

What's Hot
...to practice fret work, specifically levelling, bevelling and dressing. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    edited August 2021 tFB Trader
    Here you are, enough necks for you to practice on till you to become an expert. These are out of my waste bin, you might even be able to salvage some of them to be usable necks. There is 2 there with the frets in so you can practice pulling them out to do a re fret. I'll even throw in a some wire, have not got a clue what it is, it's been hanging in my workshop for about 20 years.

£100 + £12 P&P, that's if you're on mainland UK.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    Are you certified? There's rosewood in them thar fingerboards.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited July 2021
    Still looking. I’m only after 3 or 4 necks and the above seller understandably wants to shift the lot in one go.
  • GSPBASSES said:
    Here you are, enough necks for you to practice on till you to become an expert. These are out of my waste bin, you might even be able to salvage some of them to be usable necks. There is 2 there with the frets in so you can practice pulling them out to do a re fret. I'll even throw in a some wire, have not got a clue what it is, it's been hanging in my workshop for about 20 years.

£100 + £12 P&P, that's if you're on mainland UK.

Wow. 

That’s the bargain of the year right there. 

I have aspirations to learn how to do fretwork … but no space or time … I’d have bitten his hand off up to the shoulder. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8763
    Still looking. I’m only after 3 or 4 necks and the above seller understandably wants to shift the lot in one go.
    If other people are looking for necks then you could easily re-sell the others

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited August 2021
    Came to my senses in the end and bought the lot ..... now for fretwire. Anyone got any surplus? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    edited August 2021
    I have some wire, stashed away somewhere. I have no idea of its dimensions, age or condition.

Talking of surplus, if/when you decide that some of that stash of necks is not required, why not list 'em for sale or trade?

There must be some slide players on the forum who would welcome an unfretted neck. Just fill the slots with slithers of wood, plane, finish, attach to a body.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited August 2021
    Cool funkfingers, let me know! I’m hoping I can make some usable necks out of most of them before selling on. Maybe leave a few blank and fill in the gaps as you say.