SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Monty’s Retro Wind Telecaster pickups set

Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
edited August 2021 in Parts £
These came out of my excellent SC Relics Paisley 68 tele.  I really like vintage Fender pickups and so I’ve put some vintage 64s in there and these are now surplus.  As such, I don’t have the original box.

Each pickup has 3 wires (black, white and yellow).  Wire lengths are: neck - all 25cm, bridge - yellow 15cm, black and white 12cm.  I have not cut them: twere carefully unsoldered and fitted the tele they came out of just fine.

Monty’s call these “twang with a twist”.  They say, “Based on the pickups from a ’68 Telecaster and tweaked to perfection, the Retro Wind Tele set is for anyone after a vintage-voiced pickup set designed with the modern player in mind. Boasting a lively, touch responsive sound, our Retro Winds are ideal for everything from clean country to classic rock.  

We’ve voiced the neck pickup for a chimey, bell-like tone, somewhat reminiscent of Stratocaster neck pickup and just a tad more open than most vintage Tele neck pickups. The bridge pickup is designed to complement this, with all the twang you would expect of a vintage style pickup, but an ever so slightly sweetened high end. The result is a sparkling sound that is open, percussive and rich in harmonics without ever suffering from the dreaded Telecaster ‘ice-pick’. The two pickups blend together superbly for a bright telecaster middle position.

Like all our Tele pickups, our Retro Winds are only partially potted. This keeps the centre of the coil free from wax, resulting in increased clarity and responsiveness.”

They retail at £177 and I’m looking for £100 posted (assumes ppg) but I am open to friendly offers

https://i.imgur.com/urpZlLu.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom