SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT David Oddy 0000 Acoustic Guitar

What's Hot
£2600 or up for acoustic guitar trades. 

This is a rare and beautiful guitar from the late Dave Oddy. This is a 0000 size guitar - slightly larger than an OM. 

These guitars often change hands between enthusiasts, and rarely come on the open market. This particular guitar is just a joy to play and listen to, supremely resonant, with bags of sustain, fantastically well balanced, and effortlessly handles any playing style. It features a Sitka Spruce top with beautifully figured Rosewood back and sides - I cannot confirm but the rosewood certainly looks South American to me!! . Maple neck with rosewood inserts is a joy to play. Ebony fingerboard and bridge, and the most delicate Purple Heart, Walnut and Pernambuca binding. The guitar is in super condition, very comfortable to play. End pin is reamed out to accept a pick up - I will include a fishman blend pickup if I get very close to the bargain asking price. Comes in it’s original Hiscox flight case. 

1 3/4” nut width. E to E at nut 38mm. E to E at saddle 53mm. Upper bout 11 3/4”. Lower bout 16”. Depth 4 1/4”. Neck is true and straight and action is spot on.

https://imgur.com/a/W3Yi8nJ

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15544
    There's a show of hands group on FB, you occasionally see Oddy instruments for sale on there, they almost always get a lot of attention and interest.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Free bump for a superb make and guitar.  Wish I could move on a couple of my acoustics for this one! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom