NGD: Hook Guitars Hooklet

What's Hot
New 50th birthday guitar. Hook guitars hooklet Tasmanian Blackwood and Sinker Redwood top.

Was going to get a Martin or Taylor but went with a luthier from Bangor as loved some of Neil's previous creations. Really chuffed.

Also created a quick noodle on it as guitars are meant to be played, even by less accomplished guitarists!

https://alonetone.com/constantspray/tracks/hooklet-fun

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Lovely, you must be chuffed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5448
    A lovely guitar and nicely played. It has a very pleasing clear, bell-like top end and a crispness to the bottom end which will (unless I miss my guess) warm and strengthen as the guitar plays in and matures. Redwood and Blackwood strikes me as a very good combination. 
  • Thanks. Really nice to have options of woods to create something like this, and not expensive either (was eyeing up a Martin 000-15m in my budget before). As you say, looking forward to guitar maturing too.
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Very nice. Sinker Redwood tops take a lot of playing to open up. It sounds good already so you've got a lot to look forward to. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Health to enjoy @toescantalk ;- I had the pleasure of seeing this guitar when I was up with Neil a few weeks ago. 

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • Health to enjoy @toescantalk ;- I had the pleasure of seeing this guitar when I was up with Neil a few weeks ago. 

Thanks! Highly recommend Neil, enjoyed the build decision process and the end product is definitely a beaut.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom