SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Hummingbird for Sale £1800 - SOLD

ToneseekerToneseeker Frets: 2
edited October 2021 in Acoustics £
Hi Guys,  selling my 2014 Gibson Hummingbird.

This model has a lovely Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish which has a lighter shade to the darker Vintage Cherry Sunburst. It has a some minor dark staining on the Nitro caused by dye leeching from my shirt on stage but that's Nitro for you. However, it's a beautiful guitar and nothing takes away from the gorgeous tone, at only 7 years old the tone has aged nicely and is really mellow compared to a new model. The frets are in really good condition with no obvious wear. 
The L.R Baggs pickup system delivered a crisp and clear amplified tone which does great justice to the unplugged resonance of this instrument.
The body of this guitar is constructed using Solid Mahogany for the back and sides with Solid Sitka Spruce for the top. This is a classic combination which delivers a well balanced output with a great delivery of tones across the entire spectrum with plenty of volume and projection. The full square shouldered dreadnought shape allows this guitar to excel equally for strumming and flatpicking, so regardless of the style this guitar will deliver.

Brand - Gibson

Model - Hummingbird

Year - 2014

Finish - Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Guitar Type - Solid Dreadnought Electro Acoustic 

Body - Solid Mahogany Back and Sides with Solid Spruce Top

Neck - Mahogany

Fingerboard material - Rosewood 

Pickups - L.R. Baggs Pickup

Includes original hard case.

I'm based in Scotland just outside Edinburgh.

Pictures here:  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Reason I'm selling this is I want to buy a Yamaha SA2200VS and a Roland Blues Cube Stage. I have a quote from GuitarGuitar at £2200 but I might be interested in a used model. Got to be Violin Sunburst though. I would keep the Hummingbird but the wife wont let me raid the bank account.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson Hummingbird anyone ???
  • Bump
  • That's a cracker, good luck with the sale !!
  • Thanks.
  • Not mine, and nothing to do with me, but saw this 2200 whilst browsing for a guitar...

• If I had the money, definitely. 

It's boring, but I think the thing about hummingbirds is that they are nearly as liquid as cash ie it's always possible to sell them.
  • Thanks Coldfingers, I saw that a while back but it's had a headstock repair - kinda put me off. There's another forum member on here who has one for sale - I'll probably buy that.
  • Bump 
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Damn I've just been married, so the Mrs is regulating the finances a little more closely :'( . Otherwise I'd of probably been seriously tempted.

GLWTS, beautiful guitar.
  • Thanks Phil - I totally sympathise with the Finance Monitoring - my wife has been doing that for the last 43 years. 
    Funny how the control only applies to me. There's no issue when she wants something. :/

• Hummingbird Demo video: 2014 Model identical to mine
  • SOLD
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Nice guitar :)