Bizarre Fact of the Day

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    richardhomer said: 
    PolarityMan;323913" said:
    grass is the only english word which doesn't have any voewls.
    Unlike 'rhythm'....
    Voles have a poor sense of rhythm, (and spelling).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7292
    Since when did bizarre facts have to be true? I feel I'm being victimized.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    A crwth is a Welsh stringed musical instrument and is a word with no vowels.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    HAL9000 said:
    I said "English" word.....also I clearly lied.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15966
    the real braveheart cat has no bowels
    tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15966
    Terry Thomas removed them
    tae be or not tae be
  • HAL9000 said:
    'w' is a vowel in Welsh
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited August 2014
    HAL9000 said:
    'w' is a vowel in Welsh
    No it's not, it's a llafariad.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A llafariaid is a lute like instrument used in a primitive form of druidic welsh reggae
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:
    'w' is a vowel in Welsh
    No it's not, it's a llafariaid.
    does that word have an english equivalent? and isn't 'w' pronouned "oo", which would make it work like a vowel does in english?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • does that word have an english equivalent?

Yes, it means vowel.... which a,e,i,o,u,w & y are in Welsh.
  • All wild traffic cones on British soil are property of the Queen.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15503
    technically, there are no wild cones. All the true, native cones were killed off by the 17th C, the ones you see nowadays are imported cones that have escaped and gone feral.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682

I am one of quadruplets and as a result share my birthday with two siblings.

Do I take it that the other sibling's birthday is one day different from yours?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    ^ Hope so or I'm going mental.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    ^ Hope so or I'm going mental.

going?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:

I am one of quadruplets and as a result share my birthday with two siblings.

Do I take it that the other sibling's birthday is one day different from yours?

You are correct sir.  As it was a thread about bizarre facts there wouldn't be anything bizarre about 4 quadruplets sharing the same birthday.

I'm not really one of quadruplets BTW.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited August 2014
    VimFuego said:
    technically, there are no wild cones. All the true, native cones were killed off by the 17th C, the ones you see nowadays are imported cones that have escaped and gone feral.
    This makes perfect sense.  I have often wondered why fluorescent orange doesn't appear elsewhere in British nature.
    VimFuego said:
    This make perfect sense.  I have often wondered why fluorescent orange doesn't appear elsewhere in British nature.

VimFuego said:
    This make perfect sense.  I have often wondered why fluorescent orange doesn't appear elsewhere in British nature.
    Actually many "traffic cones" are actually not cones but trapezoids, often distinguished by their yellow colouring as well as the difference in size and shape, these being more closely related as a species to lizards than to traffic cones. Their unique adaptations make them extremely successful competitors to the feral "flourescent orange cone". The extensive urbanisation has allowed the yellow traffic trapezoids to flourish which lead to the WWF declaring the non indigenous orange traffic cone a protected species in 2004.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • VimFuego said:
    You don't see them in the wild very often, I think that's because their natural habitat is coincidentally close to colleges and universities, so most of them get caught and live out the rest of their lives in captivity in student flats. Once in that environment, their lifespan becomes limited to a maximum of 3 terms before they die of depression and and up on a rubbish tip.