SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS DiMarzio EJ Custom Neck; Sold: Tone Zone, SD JB Jr, SD Vintage Rails for Strats, Toneriders

Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
edited June 2022 in Parts £
I have a black bobbin DiMarzio ToneZone, with f spacing, that I bought used on the evil bay. I am after something that has more mids so on paper it looks great. It's also a pretty standard pick up used in many of the mid-tier to upper-mid tier Ibanez guitars, even in their Preimum and Prestige models.

Sadly for me I just can not get on with how it sounds. If I had an EQ pedal it might get dialled out, but I don't and don't want to go down that road.

£45 free postage in the UK. No box and no screws nor springs, but I will pack it up securely.

Edited to add:

Dimarzio EJ Custom neck pick up. Boxed, black bobbins. Tried but find it to be too low outout for my cup of tea, nor do I have a matching bridge pickup to go with it. £55 postage included, via Special Delivery UK only.

Also going to let go of my Seymour Duncans, a JB Jr Strat Bridge pick up (pick up only, screws and squishy tube included) and a Vintage Rails for Strats (boxed). Looking at £40-ish each, totally negotiatable. UK postage only, included in asking price, via Special Delivery.

Also a set of Tonerider Generators, someone's made an enquiry so he gets first dibs, but other than that, just a set of used Tonerider Generator humbucker pickups, neck and bridge, no box, with screws and mounting rings. £50 all in, UK postage only, via Special Delivery.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    … DiMarzio Tone Zone … Ibanez guitars … EQ pedal
    The TZ is intended for guitars with double locking vibrato systems.

no screws or springs
    Have the threaded holes in the baseplate lugs been widened for direct-to-body mounting?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
    … DiMarzio Tone Zone … Ibanez guitars … EQ pedal
    The TZ is intended for guitars with double locking vibrato systems.

no screws or springs
    Have the threaded holes in the baseplate lugs been widened for direct-to-body mounting?

Ibanez put them on hard tails too, either way I can only just about tolerate the way they sound.

I mounted it with stock Ibanez screws that needed the mounting ring on the guitar. Not sure if that answers your question.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    It does. Thanks.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.

SOLD: DiMarzio Tone Zone , SD Vintage Rails for Strats, Toneriders

STILL AVAILABLE: EJ Custom Neck, SD JB Jr in Black

• FlattopFlattop Frets: 27
    Pm'd

SOLD: DiMarzio Tone Zone , SD Vintage Rails for Strats, Toneriders,

SD JB Jr in Black

STILL AVAILABLE: EJ Custom Neck, SD JB Jr in Black