PHOTO COMPETITION #24 - SEPTEMBER 2021

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• That's not half bad as a lucky guess @skullfunkerry !

W
    e are on the second from top floor, so the three sash windows below the two bow-fronted bay windows. Our flat runs from front to back, so we have additional rooms (one of which is my office/music room) on the other side. 

However as correctly noted by @Shrews, it is pretty difficult to make any significant noise in a building like this.

Looks like a lovely place to live! But yes, I can imagine the noise thing is tricky. If it makes you feel any better, I live in a semi-detached house and I still can't make noise a lot of the time :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    edited October 2021
    I've been working in Scarborough this week so I had hoped I'd see something suitable for this month's competition. I was actually on the way to get a shot of the castle at night when I saw this fire escape and thought it looked like a good shot. I'm not sure my skill level was quite up to the image I had in my head; I actually ended up using the photo I took with my iPhone as the camera shots were all very dull...

While I was out and about I saw this old-school cinema too. I quite like the shot, but again my lack of talent let me down, as I could either get the cinema sign readable or the rest of the image visible, but not both. I guess if I'd thought about it at the time I could have take a couple of shots with a tripod, then edited them together afterwards...

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom