NGD AKA Jammy Bugger Day

What's Hot
I've been mooching around those guitar competition sites for a while, getting a ticket here and there. Couldn't believe my luck when my £2.80 ticket landed me this Gibson J45 standard on Gearburst.

As you'd expect, it's bloody lovely. Sounds great - not just the notes you play but the rich sustain of a held chord. Plus it's set up really well (by which I mean a low action, which I personally prefer and a lot of makers eschew). Certain makes my Simon & Patrick seem a bit 'meh'.

Given my meagre abilities/repertoire/shitholes I gig in I've really no justification for an acoustic of this calibre, so it might be hitting the classified for trade for electric stuff. But I'll give it a chance to win me over.
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very nice, well done.  "Foot shown for scale"?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow - Well done. 

I keep thinking about those competitions as a bit of fun. A few people have won on here. 

Hope you enjoy your new guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Very very nice. Enjoy it. I had a J45 about ten years ago. A round-shouldered dread is no bad thing. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    That’s fantastic….I almost traded my DGT for one recently…. :)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5401
    Oh you bastard :)  Nice one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Are there any of these competition sites to watch out for? They just seem like a way to get your card details, but there's quite a few of them. I don't mind spending a few quid occasionally if there's something particularly nice on offer but I definitely don't want to get scammed!

Nice guitar, I can only imagine how that is to play.
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    edited September 2021
    Are there any of these competition sites to watch out for? They just seem like a way to get your card details, but there's quite a few of them. I don't mind spending a few quid occasionally if there's something particularly nice on offer but I definitely don't want to get scammed!
    There have been a few comments on here from people who've played different sites and won. I haven't heard of anyone being stung in any way. I can't say that they're all legit, but I don't see why any of them wouldn't be, because there's no need for them to be. 

As they say "If it's too good to be true then it probably is". And if someone offered to sell me this guitar for £500 then I'd be highly dubious. But that's not the case here - they've got a business model which - even when applied fairly - makes them profit. By which I mean at £2.80 per ticket and 1230 tickets sold they've got £3444 and sent me a £2400 guitar (and that's if it was bought new).  Then they need to make sure they sell all the tickets and there's staffing & marketing & other costs. The model works so there's no reason for them to be up to anything shady.