NGDx2: Swirly Ibanez Content

What's Hot
n3pn3p Frets: 38
edited September 2013 in Guitar
For the swirly Ibanez fans here, Thought i'd share a couple of new additions

1990 Ibanez UV77MC (Universe). Currently on an 'Out of This Swirled' body. It also came with the original MKR Japanese swirled body which the previous owner changed over as he wasn't a fan of the yellow. I am still undecided whether to change it over or not, I do like the yellow, and the pink on the OOTS is a bit extreme. Thoughts?

Pictured next to my JEM77PMC which has already featured on this forum.

Sod's law being what it is, an extremely rare guitar came up for sale at the same time, and I knew I'd regret not buying it. Annoyingly it's still in Customs but all being well it should be in my hands next week sometime.

Ibanez JEM77GMC:

This baby has been signed by Steve Vai, has a couple of battle scars but the swirl is killer. Will post another pic once the family is together :)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    wow
    I love swirls!   

For me the original body is nicer but taste is in the eye of the beholder so whichever you prefer, they are both very cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Amazing. Love both of those.  I really need a Jem or RG again.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    All them guitars are gorgeous.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vizviz Frets: 10708
    edited September 2013
    Been watching that green one for yonks. I would like you to give them to me in the following order: OOTS Universe. Pink and yellow Jem. Green Jem. Extra spare body. Cheers :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Oh sweet Jesus, I love them I love them I love them.

Massively jealous.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    wow awesome :D
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    The green one is stunning, but I'd take all of them.

And I'd leave the OOTS as it is.
  • Looking funky. 

Very psychaedelic.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • n3pn3p Frets: 38

It seems there are more swirly fans here than I thought! Thanks for the comments :)

I do prefer the original yellow body on the 7, but I think that in order to keep that body as mint as it is I'll leave it wrapped up somewhere and carry on with the OOTS one. Plus I'm too lazy to swap everything over.

Her indoors is going to be quite surprised when the GMC arrives, and unfortunately she knows how much these swirly Ibanez guitars go for! Gulp...

• I think I prefer the OOTS body, but it's close. But the GMC =P~ =P~ =P~
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    love the green one :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Two guitars I wish I'd bought at the time - swirl Jem and a Donnie JS....I do like the GMC.
  • I love swirl guitars. I made my own by stripping an sg. ICBM said it looked like a bowling ball.

He was right.

But they're cool :D
  • Yeah man they're great.

What I would do is, rather than swap the bodies, place both guitars in a well padded box and post them to "jimmyd, nottingham". I'll sort the rest out with the post office. Cheers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •   Me likey!!!   ( I could do without the silly lunchbox handle on the Jems, but that green swirly one is awesome!)

I'm jealous, too- my Ibby is only a dark trans grey...   Gotta love the Ibbys, they sound good, play good, AND they're priced reasonably.
  • i dont like swirls at all...

HOWEVER...on an Ibanez...for what ever reason...it just works...cant explain why. 

i think if you take the ibanez off the headstock i would hate it?!?
    jimmyd said:
    Yeah man they're great.

What I would do is, rather than swap the bodies, place both guitars in a well padded box and post them to "jimmyd, nottingham". I'll sort the rest out with the post office. Cheers.

lol :)

Pyroman said:
      Me likey!!!   ( I could do without the silly lunchbox handle on the Jems, but that green swirly one is awesome!)

I'm jealous, too- my Ibby is only a dark trans grey...   Gotta love the Ibbys, they sound good, play good, AND they're priced reasonably.

I agree mostly, although the swirly ones were pretty expensive :( According to google, 271 PMC's were made, 366 GMC and not really sure regarding the UV77MC. Hopefully they'll hold their value anyway, and maybe appreciate over time :)
    Also, what's up with the emoticons? Look like gay Smints
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    n3p said:
    Also, what's up with the emoticons? Look like gay Smints

They're plectrumsmilies. I believe Mr Sporky designed them. :)>-

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Oh...sorry Sporky :(

You can redeem yourself by making a Jazz III one ;)