Hi Watt High Gain 50 2 x 12 combo?

jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
I've just discovered this amps existence. Am impressed with the clean sounds, size & weight.

Does anyone own one? / have experience of one.

I like my Vox, but I don't really use the top boost, vibrato or reverb. So am wondering if this is a better fit?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    Poorly designed and unreliable.

They eat valve and internal fuses for no apparent reason and generally cause trouble. They don't sound all that great either really… or maybe I'm unfairly comparing them to old Hiwatts.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ajaxajax Frets: 76
    The old hiwatts were point to point wiring & every component was the best that was available.  The new one have none of those attributes.

I have an original DR103.   You can't have it!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Damn :( thats a shame, theres a real gap in the market for a small 50 watt 2x12 combo that won't give you an aneurism when you pick it up...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    jeztone2 said:
    Damn :( thats a shame, theres a real gap in the market for a small 50 watt 2x12 combo that won't give you an aneurism when you pick it up...
    yeah - Cornford filled it with the 50w Roadhouse!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    ...you said Hi Gain...?? In that case no - well, yes, a bit... Selective pedals and think more Marshal vintage for clean
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>