Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited September 2013
    The seller may deny it is an '83 but the hole for the tilt adjustment clearly visible on neck-plate and top-loading bridge were all part of Fender's short-lived 'post-Smith' designs; the final US guitars before CBS sold the company. The black scratch plate is likely to be after-market - white was standard - and has the neck pick-up suspended from it, again, an '83 feature, as were cast machines.

Whether its provenance checks out is anyone's guess. Without a story, one of these is probably a £500-£700 guitar, depending on whether it is a private sale or from a dealer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    That's an '83 even if the serial number and the pot codes say '82 - they'll be left-over parts. That model was only made in 1983 and 1984.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    You guys! I knew you'd come good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33815
    I've asked him if he is providing any evidence of its history, or is he expecting us to trust him.

(Not that having had a couple of famous people playing it adds to its value in any way).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    octatonic said:
    (Not that having had a couple of famous people playing it adds to its value in any way)
    If we're defining worth as "what an idividual would be willing to pay", then it certainly does.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    Lixarto said:
    octatonic said:
    (Not that having had a couple of famous people playing it adds to its value in any way)
    If we're defining worth as "what an idividual would be willing to pay", then it certainly does.
    I knew some pedant would say this. ;)

It really doesn't though.
    It demonstrably does.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lixarto said:
    It demonstrably does.
    No it doesn't.

Sorry- did you pay for the full hour?
  • This isn't an argument; its contradiction....
    No it isn't.
  • Yes it is....
    I know what you mean - it doesn't make the guitar "better" in any real sense, but if you think it doesn't increase the price it will sell for, you are mistaken.
    edited September 2013
    Lixarto said:
    I know what you mean - it doesn't make the guitar "better" in any real sense, but if you think it doesn't increase the price it will sell for, you are mistaken.
    Nope. ;)
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2013

:-O  Jeff Buckley and The Stone played a six saddle Tele?????  I sense a record burning a coming! ;)

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510

:-O  Jeff Buckley and The Stone played a six saddle Tele?????  I sense a record burning a coming! ;)

Jeff Buckley *owned* a six-saddle Tele of this exact era.

Even worse, he changed the bridge pickup to a Duncan Hot Tele Stack, which is one of the most toneless pickups ever made...

:D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Never mind this Jeff Buckley bloke, *I've* got one... :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Given this description- " there is more dna, sweat, and skin cells from rock royalty on this giitar than can be measured. " I think a guitar burning might be necessary, or at least a blast with a pressure washer.*

*this is of course not advisable....
  • If the guitar was knocking about in a studio, I can see that people would pick up a guitar and have a strum, as you do.  But the likelihood of the Rolling Stones needing to borrow an 80s Telecaster for a tour...? No.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Maybe it was a tour from the studio to get cigs and back again. They'd need something to play on a 10 minute car journey. :-)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    ICBM;30466" said:
    randomhandclaps said:

Jeff Buckley *owned* a six-saddle Tele of this exact era.

Even worse, he changed the bridge pickup to a Duncan Hot Tele Stack, which is one of the most toneless pickups ever made...

:D
    I think I read somewhere that the blonde 6 saddle Tele that Buckley played was borrowed from a friend