Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Crypto on PayPal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    Well my £10 was worth £12.14 a few hours ago. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    £13.27 today 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    PayPal's way of trying to bring in money now that eBay has largely abandoned the platform?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Q4 could be pretty wild. Market looking bullish. Nothing in the charts to suggest a trend reversal at this point
  • roberty said:
    Q4 could be pretty wild. Market looking bullish. Nothing in the charts to suggest a trend reversal at this point
    The charts don't say anything about what decisions various governments might make ;)

...but you are right. Beyond just looking at the graphs there are supply issues with ethereum which will push up the price (i.e. not much being traded, lots being burnt).
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24399
    I just bought £20 each of Bitcoin and Etherium on Paypal.  This is my first ever venture into cryptocurrency.

How long before I can buy my Gulfstream Jet ?  I've waited twenty minutes and nothing's happened yet.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    The charts don't say anything about what decisions various governments might make ;)

...but you are right. Beyond just looking at the graphs there are supply issues with ethereum which will push up the price (i.e. not much being traded, lots being burnt).
    Show me the charts and I'll tell you the news ;)
  • I bought £20 of Monero XMR last year and now it's worth £54. Not insignificant but I don't expect to be able to retire on it. I might cash out if it grows any more. 
    Maximum volume yields maximum results
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24399
    I've lost £1.20 already!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    I sold sold about 15-20% of my holdings here as a hedge. Still macro bullish but could see a pullback tomorrow/early week especially if the ETF is not approved. Lots of leveraged longs
  • What's the safe and sensible platform for buying crypto currency? I heard that you need a wallet and I got the impression that some of the trading platforms offer their own but you don't get full control of it so it can be at risk, in theory. PayPal certainly seems more accessible to me.
  • My mate is a caddy for a lot of rich city boys and he mentioned Ethereum to me a few weeks ago, so bollox to it I'm in - let's hope it does a bitcoin and hits 50K soon :lol:

What's the safe and sensible platform for buying crypto currency? I heard that you need a wallet and I got the impression that some of the trading platforms offer their own but you don't get full control of it so it can be at risk, in theory. PayPal certainly seems more accessible to me.
    You need what's called a fiat gateway to exchange cash to crypto and vice versa. This is done via centralised exchanges such as binance or crypto.com . These exchanges are custodial, meaning they look after your assets for you. If you lose your password you can contact them to sort it out like you would with your bank.

From these exchanges you can send your assets to your own non-custodial wallets which exist on the blockchain and really are yours. If you lose your private key to a wallet there is no way to get it back, which is why you get news stories about people with now highly valuable Bitcoin they can no longer access

The fiat ramp I use is called swissborg, they charge a 1% fee for fiat on ramp which is pretty good. I think binance might be cheaper at the moment but they are the biggest and most visible and some banks are hostile towards them. I have a swissborg referral link, you get a sign up bonus if you use it. DM me if you want a referral
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11890
    And how much bonus do you get?  ;)
    edited October 2021
    And how much bonus do you get? 
    It's a scratchcard thing. Anywhere between €2 and €100 for both ppl

https://swissborg.com/chsb-rewards ;
  • roberty said:
    What's the safe and sensible platform for buying crypto currency? I heard that you need a wallet and I got the impression that some of the trading platforms offer their own but you don't get full control of it so it can be at risk, in theory. PayPal certainly seems more accessible to me.

The fiat ramp I use is called swissborg, they charge a 1% fee for fiat on ramp which is pretty good. I think binance might be cheaper at the moment but they are the biggest and most visible and some banks are hostile towards them. I have a swissborg referral link, you get a sign up bonus if you use it. DM me if you want a referral
    Indeed, there was a time recently where UK banks were blocking transfers to/from binance (primarily as an anti organised crime thing). To counter that there is now greater identity verification when setting up an account, and wanting to transfer to other wallets etc than there used to be. I've used it for quite a while with no issues. And if you fancy a referral to binance DM me ;) 
  • My mate is a caddy for a lot of rich city boys and he mentioned Ethereum to me a few weeks ago, so bollox to it I'm in - let's hope it does a bitcoin and hits 50K soon :lol:

It won't. Not for a long time. They need to sort ETH2.0 out first, and that's been on the cards for some time now.

If you wanna look at a project with promise, look at Cardano.

Bye!

• Dav275Dav275 Frets: 303
    After reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, I was tempted to have a dabble, so bought into Ethereum.  Just checked todays value and have made +12%.     

New Guitar (strings) Day approaching?
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    I use both etorro and binance, initially etorro you couldn't move your coins off to your own wallet, now you can.