Need a shim for my bridge pickup

I'll see if I can get some pics up, but I've just fully pieced my @GSPBASSES prs alike.  

It's pretty great to look at - I get better with every finish I do, so sadly this isn't my best :D it's good enough though, and my last one was pretty much flawless.  I got the knack now.  

Anyway, the neck pickup, screwed in with a couple of pieces of wrist support foam, happens to be pretty much the right sort of height compared with my other humbuggy guitars (obviously, that means it'll be easy to tweak myself).  

The bridge pickup sits a bit too low - I'm certain it's too low and there is no wiggle room - so I need a couple of bits of wood to sit in the route where the screws go.  This can be glued in and the job is a good'un.  

Is good old fashioned balsa or pine okay for such a small job?  Literally just want to raise the height a few mm so I can use the amount of foam to adjust the pickup height while keeping it from being microphonic (seems a popular way of doing things).  

Other than that, I'm calling the shop it's going to for the nut cut and setup tomorrow and hopefully it won't be long before it's (finally) a playable rawk machine :D
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    I assume this is for direct mount humbuckers?

as long as it holds a screw it will work, probably pine rather than balsa.  been a while since i worked with balsa but i seem to remember it not holding a thread brilliantly.   either will work if you soak the hole with thin super glue before final assembly  
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    and colour them in with something first, black or left over purple, just to help hide it
  • Cheers mate, yeah direct mount.

I'll see if I can get a couple of bits of pine today then :) Thanks!