HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
and the 4th Dimension.

Off tae see the maestro on the last day in May in Edinburgh, Usher Hall 2022

He wil be 80 by then  :)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 80! Crikey. His hands haven't slowed down. I saw him way back when he toured with Trilok Gurtu and Kai Eckhardt. Unreal show that was. Enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    edited October 2021
      Think it's my 9th Macgig
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    He's one of those guys where I really enjoy some of his music but quite a lot is just too out there for me. This is my fave album by a long way

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Teh Usher Hall a good gig?
    tae be or not tae be
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    Been listening to 'Thieves and Poets' a lot recently. He's remarkable.
  • BradBrad Frets: 659
    edited October 2021
    I’d love to see him, but why oh why does it have to be at the Bridgwater Hall?! Stunning for everything orchestral/acoustic and shockingly bad for anything else.  
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    edited October 2021
    axisus said:
    He's one of those guys where I really enjoy some of his music but quite a lot is just too out there for me. This is my fave album by a long way

I was at that gig, probably the best gig I’ve seen Johnny Mac play, but they were all superb. Trilok Gurtu was absolutely mesmerising to watch. 

JM has slowed down a bit due to his arthritis but he’s still an astonishing player. 

@Hootsmon hope you enjoy the gig mate, I wonder how much longer he’ll keep touring? Let’s hope he turns off the horrible crappy chorus effect this time though! :)  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Brad said:
    I’d love to see him, but why oh why does it have to be at the Bridgwater Hall?! Stunning for everything orchestral/acoustic and shockingly bad for anything else.  
    I saw him on the Que Alegria in Manchester, at the Free Trade Hall. I think the Labeque Sisters may have been involved, although that might have been a different gig. It was very good.

R.
  • Hootsmon said:
    and the 4th Dimension.

Off tae see the maestro on the last day in May in Edinburgh, Usher Hall 2022

He wil be 80 by then  :)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    No way , I always imagine him as he was on one of the Cd’s I had 
    His 80 is a LOT different from a Keef 80.....genes I guess, and of course, how y'all look after yerself
    tae be or not tae be
  • wintoidwintoid Frets: 27
    I was at that gig, probably the best gig I’ve seen Johnny Mac play, but they were all superb. Trilok Gurtu was absolutely mesmerising to watch. 

JM has slowed down a bit due to his arthritis but he’s still an astonishing player. 

@Hootsmon hope you enjoy the gig mate, I wonder how much longer he’ll keep touring? Let’s hope he turns off the horrible crappy chorus effect this time though! :)  
    I was at that gig too.  I was extremely moved by the performance.  Of course, I bought the CD, but it never affected me like the actual gig.

Trilok was amazing.  I didn't know him prior to that gig, but subsequently went off and investigated his stuff.  I still listen to Miles Gurtu, but then I like electronic music quite a lot.
    Click here for my feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Got tickets for the Barbican gig 28/5/22.
    Oh yes..... :)
  • Hootsmon said:
    and the 4th Dimension.

I'd love to hear Age of Aquarius and Up, Up and Away with blazing fusion guitar. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.