PSA: 10% off with strings direct for recycling

What's Hot
maharg101maharg101 Frets: 690
New recycling initiative from strings direct. You post the old strings back to them in the box they came in (just costs a stamp) and they send you a 10% discount on your next order. Great idea.

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    In effect that is a 2% discount, because you have to save 5 sets to get a single 10% discount.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 690
    octatonic said:
    In effect that is a 2% discount, because you have to save 5 sets to get a single 10% discount.
    Not if you buy 5 or more sets at a time. You get the 10% discount on the five or more sets each time. 
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • It's a shame retailers have to provide incentives that policy makers should really be doing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    D'Addario have the "Players Circle" where each set purchased earns you points. You just sign up and submit each packet code number to your account :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    A-ha! I just took some old strings to the local council tip the other day, to put in the scrap metal. 

What would be great is if guitar shops could have deposit 'bins' on their premises so we could leave them there too. I understand some shops do this in the parts of the USA, so it proves it can be done, but it would need to be co-ordinated over here. 

Either way, good on Strings Direct. I use them, so at least this now gives me an option. TBH the discount is a fair incentive, but what matters to me is the recycling.  

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Imagine being the person who has to open everyone's dirty guitar strings. Bit gross. Fair play though it does irk me to throw them away
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Can't you put them in the house recycling? That's what I've been doing.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    maharg101 said:
    octatonic said:
    Not if you buy 5 or more sets at a time. You get the 10% discount on the five or more sets each time. 
    LOL.
    Good point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    I just don't restring very often because I don't much like doing it to save the planet...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom