is anyone else still searching for a guitar that they connect with?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    newi123 said:

So maybe it's a question of picking one, staying with it and seeing what happens. 

That's basically what I've done. 

Some people seem to just be looking for excuses to buy more guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • definitely interesting to read all your views on the subject.

i do agree that it's the player more than the guitar and a great player can do just about anything with any guitar (not me i must add i am a rubbish home player lol).

* i don't plan on buying any more guitars tbh as i feel that the 3 i have cover just about anything electric i could imagine.

* the only exception to this is getting a bass guitar at some point again as i sold my first bass.

i now just want to focus on trying to play the guitars i have and seeing all the tones they can produce 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • luckylucky Frets: 19

* i don't plan on buying any more guitars tbh as i feel that the 3 i have cover just about anything electric i could imagine.

How has your love for your HB affected the use of the other two guitars? Like I understand different guitars for different things (assuming theyre all relatively different!) but I definitely have a favourite player guitar and once I found it it's recently made me question keeping the others at all
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    newi123 said:

So maybe it's a question of picking one, staying with it and seeing what happens. 

Of course, some people like one, some like lots - it's all good. 
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12337
    I agree that your mental state affects play, if I'm going through a down patch I pick one up, fumble about a bit and after a few minutes put it down thinking I'm shit, however a non player would think I was good. Then when in the right mood it all fits into place. The mind is a bastard sometimes. Keep going! 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Paul_C said:
    newi123 said:

Of course, some people like one, some like lots - it's all good. 

Sure, as long as it's sustainable. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569

ooh,  I don't think we need excuses  :) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • lucky said:

How has your love for your HB affected the use of the other two guitars? Like I understand different guitars for different things (assuming theyre all relatively different!) but I definitely have a favourite player guitar and once I found it it's recently made me question keeping the others at all
     i have to admit that i haven't played any of my other guitars since i got the fusion last saturday (no doubt new guitar love syndrome).

i also have a squier bullet mustang and j mascis jazzmaster and tbh i could sell the mustang and keep the j  if it came to it but don't plan on getting rid of the mustang atm.

tbh though atm i don't plan on playing anything else but the hb.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Yes, but it’s not always the guitar I take everywhere. My 63ri 335 feels like putting on my favourite jeans when I pick it up, and feels like a comfort blanket I start every gig on, what I grab after that can be anything from what I’ve taken, but I normally end sets on 335 too. 6 years, probably 700 gigs, and many more to come. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    I heartily connect with a James Tyler Studio Elite and a Gibson Joe Perry 59 signature 
      But unfortunately am a peasant 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom