Behringer XR18 Help !(apple app on i-pad)

GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
edited October 2021 in Live
Hi, can anyone help me with a couple of issues i'm having with the XR18 apple app ?
I can't figure out how to save a new Layout as a show/scene, I can call it it up form the Layout section, but when I try to save is as a Show or Scene(i'm not sure which is the correct term), in the Windows app it's called a scene ?.

Also how can I alter the order of the Channels etc. e.g. FX1-F2-Bus1-Bus2 & so on, I've done it once in my new layout , but can't figure it out now?

Many thanks for any help  .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8743
    I imagine that you’re looking for Shows:

In Shows you can save and load your formats:

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    Hi Roland, it's the SHOW tab that you highlighted that i'm having trouble with, when I save my "new layout (Big Shed 11), it appears in the Show(& Scene) window, but when I press "load show" it loads the correctly named channels but also the channels I've deleted for my "new layout",i also don't really know what is "show" & what is a "scene", in the Windows app(which I normally use) there are "scenes" & "snapshots" I hope i'm explaining this ok.
    I've tried downloading images of the Layout & Show screens which indicate what i'm talking about, i hope the downloads work the images are not loading as they normally do in Imgur,as you can probably tell i'm not a genius with this stuff,my excuse is old age =) .
    Pic 1; is the Version that is displaying after saving in "shows"
    Pic 2; is my "new layout" as saved from layouts & is labeled Big Shed 11.
    Many thanks for helping me.
    Graham.

https://imgur.com/6GKWgJV 
    https://imgur.com/a/ALiKYgg
    If you do the PA for two bands it is likely that they will have a different number of mics and instruments. You could save each band as a separate Show. The volumes and EQ settings will be different for every venue where a band plays. You could save a Snapshot for each venue.

In the image above I’ve selected the Urban Covers Band, which gets a dot against its name. I’ve then selected the settings for one of our venues. To create a new Show, or a new Venue, press the relevant page+ icon.

So in your case you need to set up a Show for Big Shed with all the channels you want to use.
    Roland said:
    If you do the PA for two bands it is likely that they will have a different number of mics and instruments. You could save each band as a separate Show. The volumes and EQ settings will be different for every venue where a band plays. You could save a Snapshot for each venue.

In the image above I’ve selected the Urban Covers Band, which gets a dot against its name. I’ve then selected the settings for one of our venues. To create a new Show, or a new Venue, press the relevant page+ icon.

So in your case you need to set up a Show for Big Shed with all the channels you want to use.
    Thanks again for helping me with this, let me see if i have this correct  :/ , are you saying that if i want to create a 
    "Channel Layout" for our Band "Big Shed" that i do this from the "Shows" section ?, if this is correct, i then can save it as a "Show" & then using that as a "template" i load that into the "Scenes" section? & from there simply save each Venue with it's name & all settings under the Venue name.
    Am I reading this correct ?.
    Regards, Graham. =)

Yes. The band is a show. The venue is a scene within the show
    Roland said:
    Yes. The band is a show. The venue is a scene within the show
    Thanks, so what i'm struggling with is how to save my Big Shed Layer(which has 4 unused channels deleted) as a show.
    When I click on edit(in the Shows Box) the screen reverts back to the standard all layer window.
    I'm sorry to be a pain with this, but I've been trying to figure this out for Days & I do appreciate your help.
    Cheers, Graham.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I think Roland is referring to saving the channel settings rather than layers.     iirc the xr18 can't save layers in the same way and all you can do is use shows/scenes to save the channel settings.   
    I might be wrong as I tend to use the xr18 as a back up with a standard full channel list but when you create and save your new layers they will be in the layers list regardless of the show/scenes so you would have to load the show and then change the layer but it should be as quick as selecting it from your layer list.   Bit of a pain that everything doesn't just save in one go I agree. 
    John_P said:
    I think Roland is referring to saving the channel settings rather than layers.     iirc the xr18 can't save layers in the same way and all you can do is use shows/scenes to save the channel settings.   
    I might be wrong as I tend to use the xr18 as a back up with a standard full channel list but when you create and save your new layers they will be in the layers list regardless of the show/scenes so you would have to load the show and then change the layer but it should be as quick as selecting it from your layer list.   Bit of a pain that everything doesn't just save in one go I agree. 
    John thanks,i've just tested it & it works as you described, so although it's not saving my "Layer" it is saving the settings =) ,so with your info & Rolands explanation of how the Show & Scenes section works, I now know my settings can be saved after each gig & all I have to do is load my Layer each time,just in time for Tonights gig, brilliant. =)
    Many thanks to you both.
    Cheers, Graham.