PHOTO COMPETITION #26 - NOVEMBER 2021

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I think this has been the hardest month ever for voting. Excellent entries, well done everybody!

After *much* deliberation, I’ve decided:

1st - @Fretwired - I love the colour of the sky, and the silhouette of the tree is so crisp against it. Wonderful.

2nd - @robgilmo - when this first appeared, I thought I’d found my winner, but then the entries that came after it changed everything. Lovely colour in the sky, nice composition and excellent lightning bolts.

3rd - @boogieman - this was the hardest one of the lot to pick for me: I have to give honourable mentions to @menamestom, @westford and @Grumpyrocker because it was so finely balanced between all four entries. In the end the fog just won out for me. 

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3070
    I've gone for what I'd be in awe of if I saw it, especially if I could capture the shot at just the right time.  Some really great pictures this month.

1. @blobb ;
    2. @robgilmo ;
    3. @menamestom ;
  • Jeepers creepers, what great entries this month. 

1. @blobb - looks like pure beauty meets impending doom - amazing !
    2. @Winny_Pooh - looks like science fiction meets pure beauty - amazing !
    3. @robgilmo - looks like a once in a lifetime shot - amazing !
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 312

Similar to shrews, I went with the pics that I would have loved to have taken.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5692
    Tough one for me to choose but my votes go to:

1 - @menamestom - a great image, not just a photo of an epic sky but enough happening in the immediate foreground to contrast the sky and draw in the eye.

2 - @Boogieman - just love the mood this photo conjures up and like the way the overhead wires follow to the lonely telegraph pole.

3 - @Grumpyrocker - the millpond like calmness of the coastline and the dusky atmosphere leaves me with a very peaceful feeling.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    edited November 2021
    Arggh! Hardest month ever to chose

1 @westford ;;
    2 @menamestom ;;
    3 @SPECTRUM001 ;;

With honourable mentions to @Winny_Pooh ;@Fretwired and @skullfunkerry too 

• westfordwestford Frets: 590
    Half the images aren’t showing for me, so I’ll try again later...
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Are you using Firefox, @westford? I quite often find that things are blocked, and I can't always work out which extension is doing it, so I tend to switch to Safari if I want to see all the images...

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• westfordwestford Frets: 590
    I think Imgur is blocked on the Gov provided wifi at court (doing jury service), can see all the pics at home.

Really tough to choose just 3 this time, some cracking shots on such a seemingly simple theme.

1. @menamestom ;
    2. @boogieman ;
    3. @Winny_Pooh ;
  • Are you using Firefox, @westford? I quite often find that things are blocked, and I can't always work out which extension is doing it, so I tend to switch to Safari if I want to see all the images...
    If it's Firefox, it's usually the Facebook Container blocking pics from Facebook and Instagram.

Missed two months running; the weather didn't play ball to get the shot I wanted.  Never mind, here goes:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    @menamestom 5 pts - love the clouds and the overall composition

@skullfunkerry -3 pts - love the colours

@blobb ; 1 pt - that's an amazing cloud formation

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • *** LAST DAY OF VOTING TODAY ***

• *** VOTING IS NOW CLOSED ***

• Well the votes have been counted... twice actually, as I realised I'd missed a row from my spreadsheet the first time :)

This month we had more entries than usual, and as lots of people mentioned, the voting was pretty hard. This was shown in the results, where one person won by a single point. And that person is...

... @blobb! Congratulations dude - when you get a chance, drop me a PM with your suggestion for December's theme please :)

As always, thanks to everyone who took the time to enter and/or vote, and thanks to @SPECTRUM001 for the theme :+1:

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Well the votes have been counted... twice actually, as I realised I'd missed a row from my spreadsheet the first time :)

This month we had more entries than usual, and as lots of people mentioned, the voting was pretty hard. This was shown in the results, where one person won by a single point. And that person is...

... @blobb! Congratulations dude - when you get a chance, drop me a PM with your suggestion for December's theme please :)

As always, thanks to everyone who took the time to enter and/or vote, and thanks to @SPECTRUM001 for the theme :+1:

Well done @Blobb ... I'll take credit for the single winning point ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • *** BREAKING NEWS ***

So having checked the scores this month twice, today it's been pointed out to me by @Shrews that I still managed to make a mistake...

I'm really sorry @blobb but you weren't the winner after all :confused: 

This month's actual winner is @menamestom - belated congratulations! Drop me a PM with your theme for December as soon as you can please.

Once again apologies to @blobb for the mix-up, and thanks to @shrews for pointing it out - and to everyone who entered and voted :)

• blobbblobb Frets: 3015
    Hey, what? Did I miss something? Great pictures, everyone's a winner in my book.

My picture by the way, is of Scarborough Head from North Bay. You can see the castle on the headland. For some reason, on that day, the air currents must have lifted the cloudmass as it passed over the headland, giving rise to that mad formation. Just a bog standard point / click phone pic.

Fortuitously, just happened at same time as this topic came up. I'm hoping the next topic is related to finding bags of cash lying around (or possibly significant improvement in guitar skills, I'd take that).

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blobb said:
    Hey, what? Did I miss something? Great pictures, everyone's a winner in my book.

My picture by the way, is of Scarborough Head from North Bay. You can see the castle on the headland. For some reason, on that day, the air currents must have lifted the cloudmass as it passed over the headland, giving rise to that mad formation. Just a bog standard point / click phone pic.

Fortuitously, just happened at same time as this topic came up. I'm hoping the next topic is related to finding bags of cash lying around (or possibly significant improvement in guitar skills, I'd take that).

Oddly enough, my picture is from Scarborough North Bay too; I was staying there for work last month :)

Apologies again for all the confusion... :confounded: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a true tFB Oscars moment - yay !!!

What a great turn out, and really beautiful shots.