Best stage decoration / lighting

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4597
Guns and Roses had a setee on stage which they all sat on during Patience which was pretty rad and Neil Young's Tonight's the Night set was quite famous but this is great.

Nine Inch Nails - Only

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This was... novel.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    Guns and Roses had a setee on stage which they all sat on during Patience which was pretty rad and Neil Young's Tonight's the Night set was quite famous but this is great.

Nine Inch Nails - Only

Woah. That looks amazing. So, is that led lights on strings in front of the band? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:

Nine Inch Nails - Only

That whole gig is worth a watch for the lightshow / stage effects, think its on vevo / you tube...looks amazing. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    This was... novel.

I think I can see myself just to the left of the sound desk!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4597
    edited November 2021
    DesVegas said:

Nine Inch Nails - Only

Woah. That looks amazing. So, is that led lights on strings in front of the band? 
    @guitarmangler ; In front and behind them Ted
  • Going back a bit now but I don't think I've seen a more fun creative stage show than Beck with his puppet show at V Festival in 2006

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2995
    Hawkwind: Alien 4 tour. Ron Tree emerging through a wooden frame covered with bubble wrap (spaceship door) wearing one of those hairdryers from 60's ladies hair salons as his space helmet - complete with the stand and flex.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1595
    @DesVegas NIN always have an awesome stage light show, that was a good video you linked.

This one is pretty awesome too, the overhead  boxes/ cubes move around during teb set.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    DesVegas said:

Nine Inch Nails - Only

It's a grid based LED video wall - most video walls you see on gigs are solid panels, but this is almost like a mesh, so when it's shut off you can see through it. Doesn't have the high resolution of regular LED walls, but makes for some impressive effects when you can "open" spaces in it to reveal the band behind the screen. 

Love seeing their live productions, it's always done to an incredibly high standard and full of interesting ideas. Probably my dream gig to mix!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That NIN concept is very cool. U2 had something similar on their Innocence and Experience tours. From memory all of the band were inside the screen for a couple of tracks. The size of the production made the O2 feel relatively intimate.

See 1:50 below

• Pearl Jam at MK Bowl for their Lightning Bolt tour. They had big globe lights on wire hanging from the scaffolding above the stage. When it got darker they started swinging them out above the crowd, then dodging them when they swung back to the stage. It was pretty cool.
  • U2 360 Tour takes some beating, although POPMART, with its huge screen comes close.

Saw Maximo Park at, I think, Wolves Civic, and they had some simple but very effective light panels at low level on stage (kind of like where amp stacks might go, rather than just shoved at the back of the stage) which were very effective.

• Rammstein are the absolute kings of the stage show. 

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5006

This ticks all the boxes.

Blood
    Candles
    Inverted crosses
    Pigs heads
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9726
    A very.very small model of Stonehenge…
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • The spitfire at maiden shows..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    360 didn't do it for me as far as U2 goes. Going back to the early days of "big touring" I'd say ZooTV must take some beating - it's always my stock instant thought when someone mentions time travel scenarios over a dinner and a bottle of wine. 

That said, the recent Joshua Tree shows were incredible as far as pure spectacle goes. Phenomenal visuals on the big screen, but also the band playing almost like a club gig for the opening mini-set of early songs on the B stage right in the middle of the crowd. 

I'd put Sigur Ros's high on my list too. Usually quite stark in terms of staging but the pre-Kveikur shows in Brixton in early 2013 were just lo-fi perfection with glowing bulbs and musicians everywhere. The 2017 staging was more video-heavy and just as powerful, in a very different way - in this case just the 3 of them playing an average of 4 instruments each by the end of the night. 

Brixton 2013:

Somewhere in 2017 - I think at the Greek

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires