New acoustic guitar day

What's Hot
 having been very much an acoustic player I had a period of a year of only having one guitar which was a 50s Gretsch, it did pretty much everything I needed, how'ver since getting a 90s fender the gretsch had not been getting much play time.
I'm not sentimental about guitars so anything not being played need to go, so I traded the gretsch eoth @Toms_Dad ; for this lovely L100 studio, it's extremely light and resonent not played much so sounding a bit tight how'ver you can hear the potential so it's gonna get a lot of playtime.. Really enjoying this one :D
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    Oh, nice move!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tannin said:
    Oh, nice move!
    Thank you, I have to agree :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The fretboard interests me, Strangefan. It is a plain, dull mid-brown. On a locally-made guitar ("local" for me that is)  I'd assume that it was made of River Sheoak. Obviously that is not going to be the case with a made-in-the-USA Gibson: it will be some other timber, but it doesn't look like rosewood or any of the common "almost-rosewoods",  and it certainly doesn't look like ebony. 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    nice, it looks like it has a fat bottom and a tiny bust, just how I like my, erm, guitars.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    nice, it looks like it has a fat bottom and a tiny bust, just how I like my, erm, guitars.
    I hope you're not getting aroused............................................. Like I did. 
  • Tannin said:
    The fretboard interests me, Strangefan. It is a plain, dull mid-brown. On a locally-made guitar ("local" for me that is)  I'd assume that it was made of River Sheoak. Obviously that is not going to be the case with a made-in-the-USA Gibson: it will be some other timber, but it doesn't look like rosewood or any of the common "almost-rosewoods",  and it certainly doesn't look like ebony. 

It interests me too, its actually slightly figured  and 2 tone, I have a feeling its walnut, I'll get a better pic posted, 
  • Toms_DadToms_Dad Frets: 170
    It is walnut. As are the back and sides, at least according to the Gibson website. Glad you’re enjoying it!
    Ah. Thankyou.
  • @Tannin ;
     it looked v dry so it's had a little bit of oil
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    A good Gibson is a wonderful thing. I've had several. Only one displeased me and even that could have been fixed. I'm sure you'll be happy with it :) 
    Oh I like that two tone look! Who says Gibson can't make a nice looking acoustic?

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited November 2021
    nice   ,   almost a 14 fret parlor............  got a reasonably deep body IIRC ?  

Whats the fretboard / string spacing like ?   I love my little TW73 parlor (also burst)  its my "leave it out and about / go to" 
     - but the width is a little narrower than my others and does take a smidge adjusting when you play one of the other 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited November 2021
    bertie said:
    nice   ,   almost a 14 fret parlor............  got a reasonably deep body IIRC ?  

Whats the fretboard / string spacing like ?   I love my little TW73 parlor (also burst)  its my "leave it out and about / go to" 
     - but the width is a little narrower than my others and does take a smidge adjusting when you play one of the other 
    I would say it's a on par spacing wise with my old hummingbird, it's certainly not narrow and with how light and compact it is makes it really feel like you're playing a parlour D 
  • enjoenjo Frets: 278
    Looks like the type of guitar that you could sit down and lose hours with.
  • enjo said:
    Looks like the type of guitar that you could sit down and lose hours with.
    It's comfy on the sofa so I def agree :D 
  • You should probably add a string cutter to your list of add ons.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited November 2021
    You should probably add a string cutter to your list of add ons.

For what reason really tho? :D