Looking for bass lessons as Xmas present for GF

Hello,

Having bought a lovely new Ibanez bass (partly with the GG vouchers I got her last Xmas), my partner hinted that some bass lessons may be in order. She is a complete beginner (though can read guitar tab), based in Windsor, so I was looking to get her a voucher for some introductory tuition: online lessons would be fine as well.

Any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not vouchers but here are two on line resources that are worth looking at:

Jon Liebman forbassplayersonly.com

video lessons and printable TAB to support lessons. It used to be a months free trial but requiring credit card number that was then around £120 for a year if you didn't cancel at the end of the trial, He's just rejigged the site so I'm not sure what the current position is. Most of his books are available from Amazon.co.uk and are worth getting anyway

Stuart Clayton basslinepublishing.com

Apparently the first video lesson in each series is free and he also does Skype lessons. No experience of this but his books are good and I've just got a few of his pdf TAB books from the site.

Bass Player Magazine does reasonable lessons at beginner intermediate and advanced levels so a subscription to that might be worth doing. Electronic version is on Readly so you can check it out if you've got this app

• Seymour1 said:

Not vouchers but here are two on line resources that are worth looking at:

Jon Liebman forbassplayersonly.com

video lessons and printable TAB to support lessons. It used to be a months free trial but requiring credit card number that was then around £120 for a year if you didn't cancel at the end of the trial, He's just rejigged the site so I'm not sure what the current position is. Most of his books are available from Amazon.co.uk and are worth getting anyway

Stuart Clayton basslinepublishing.com

Apparently the first video lesson in each series is free and he also does Skype lessons. No experience of this but his books are good and I've just got a few of his pdf TAB books from the site.

Bass Player Magazine does reasonable lessons at beginner intermediate and advanced levels so a subscription to that might be worth doing. Electronic version is on Readly so you can check it out if you've got this app

Thank you! The last option looks perfect.
  • If you are now considering hardcopy & GF is an absolute beginner then consider "First 15 Lessons" book from Jon Liebman (£6.77 from Amazon) or Bass Chops  book (again by Jon) (£14 from Amazon but only one in stock). This has a wider scope but is very accessible for a beginner