SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB An Acoustic Sorted

tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
edited December 2021 in Acoustics £
Sorry to be so vague, but I don’t know what I want. It just has to look cool, sound bloody brilliant..I don’t even know what body style I want….the only thing I don’t like is mega wide nut widths. Even budgets are a bit open… but nothing eye watering please….

I’m gonna turn down everything until I find something that grabs my attention so please don’t be offended…. But fire away….
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1942
    If budget is a bit open then can't go wrong with a Martin or a Taylor. They are just great guitars. The far east version of the Martin (ie. Sigma) are good bang for the buck. Dreadnought is a good all rounder shape. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1113
    What sort of acoustic guitars have you seen that you like?
    Any particular players who have inspired you?
    What song is "the sound in your head" when you think of acoustic guitar?
  • Gibson Hummingbird
      Keef Richards
      Angie 

gibson SJ 
    Ronnie Wood 
    Wild Horses (Stripped) 
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 712
    Brook custom job... or a Blackwater mebbe? I know you said before you were looking at getting a Teign so I'd start there,  not least because they're local and it'll be special :)
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited November 2021
    Thanks guys…I’ve had all sorts with the last one being a Taylor 714 Rosewood with cedar top…I did promise myself a Brook Teign that I never got around to getting…I don’t like too much bling on guitars in general, so as much as I love the hummingbird the ornate Pickguard puts me off…..

I’ve been looking at J45’s as an all-rounder, and I’ve really liked the recent YouTube vids with Graham Coxon’s and Andy Martin where Graham plays a Martin. 

I did a have a Martin JC16RGTE which was nice…There is a Brook Teign online but has had a headstock repair.

I know it’s really vague and random but I just thought if any is thinking of selling something they could float it on here….before this thread sinks and I continue the endless search  : s
  • I have an Atkin LG47 , stunning guitar, in new condition. Roughly the size of a classical guitar with a big sound. Mint  .PM me if you’re interested.
  • 90s Lowden O22c custom?
    edited November 2021
    Thanks everyone…I might have a trade in progress….

@Bluesman1989 thanks for your offer though. :)
  • How about a PRS Angelus…? 

edited November 2021
    @LessPaul looks lovely but I’m probably sorted thanks. Possibly trading an electric for a J30
    NAGD beckons… a deal has been done for an early 90’s Gibson J30 sunburst