Guitar teacher in Cambridge

What's Hot
Hello, my brother in law is a mad energetic 10 year old. He has an acoustic and wants to learn how to play. He enjoys kid music. It's mostly electronic and video game music, but he would probably play anything. He struggles with attention span, but maybe an instrument will give him some routine and practice regime... 

He would probably need a teacher who can go to his house - does anyone know of anyone in Cambridge who can do this? I'm keen to support, he lost his father to cancer this year and a musical outlet might help him.

He's left handed but the guitar (a gift) is a righty - so there may be a need to assess both ways? He naturally gravitated to lefty at first...

Anyway, any help appreciated! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7519
    edited November 2021
    My brother's in Papworth and my niece had piano and guitar lessons for a while.  I don't know if it was private, but I'll ask and see.  I suspect that she probably learned guitar in music classes at school but perhaps had some private lessons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7519
    By pure chance I managed to catch my brother on the phone.  He's normally off hiking in some remote place or cycling for miles, or training for his triathlons, but today he was at home.  Sorry to say that my niece only took guitar lessons at school and joined the after hours music club that has some more seasoned mentors.  Her music teacher is reportedly very good, but nevertheless it doesn't help you to find a private tutor.

Maybe @Corvus may know of a good guitar teacher, being from that general area.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2969
    tFB Trader
    @ThePrettyDamned ; I would drop @guitarmangler a line, top chap and totally knows his stuff.

There was/is a guy in Witchford on the way to Ely I think. A good while back my lad had banjo lessons there, don't think he travelled though but who knows.
    Those are the only two I can think of at the mo.
  • Wiz's awarded duly! Thank you! @guitarmangler I'll drop you a pm tonight or tomorrow :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom