SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Both sold. Kalamazoo KG-11/Waterloo Jumbo King

What's Hot
GandalphGandalph Frets: 1589
edited May 2022 in Acoustics £
 Circa 1938. Purchased from a forum member last year. When I got it I had the neck reset and an Lr baggs m80 soundhole pick up fitted. 

Plays really well, the action sits at 2.25mm at the 12th fret on the low E and 2mm on the high E.
It is lightly built and the 80 odd year old wood has aged nicely - together  with the ladder bracing it makes it and loud punchy, perfect for blues/ragtime. 

Below is the description the seller sent me when I bought it last year…

‘The tuners, nut, bridge pins, bridge, etc. all appear original, and the frets don’t show much wear. The guitar is dry and light, as an 80-odd year-old guitar should feel. The sides were refinished all the way round to the neck heel on both sides. The crack repairs are well done, the treble side seems to have been crack free, just the end pin area and along the large bout on the bass side. It has been an expert job, I didn't even know it had been done for the first few minutes when I got it.Tuners are original and the headstock has the original "made in USA" export stamp on it plus a label inside that says Made In USA By Gibson Inc. 

I really wasn’t planning on selling this one but something else has come up that I’ve been after for a while so I need to move something on first. 

Prepared to sell with or without the pick up fitted:

£1695 (lr baggs m80 pick up fitted)
£1550 without pick up.

It comes with a padded gig bag so no postage on this one but happy for collection/possible delivery within a driveable distance from Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1589
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bumpy 
    New year bump…
  • Man, this is some vintage Kalamazoo you got there. The colours look almost identical to my '37 L-00, albeit with a different shape (mine is a bit more Parlour, if that makes sense?). I wonder what the tonal differences are...
    Thanks @DanielJunior.
    Still available and open to offers. 
    edited February 2022
    Kalamazoo still available. 

Collings/Waterloo Jumbo King added.

2016 model. 

Edit…Comes fitted with a Highlander IP-1 pickup.

The best sounding guitar I own but I’m more of a 00 short scale type so I reluctantly have to admit I’m struggling with the size. 

Solid spruce over solid mahogany back and sides. 
    Vintage style V shaped neck (it’s a great neck!) 
    It has a Truss rod (apparently Collings have never made JK's with T-bars)

Body Width:15 3/4"
    Body Length:19 1/2"
    Body Depth:5"
    Scale Length:25 1/2"
    Nut Width:1 3/4"
    Saddle Spacing:2 3/8"

It’s been played in its lifetime, nothing major but there are various little dings here and there and some play wear around the sound hole where the finish has worn a bit (see pictures).
    I’ve recently just had a set up done and the first 4 frets replaced. It’s strung with Elixer nano PB 12’s and the action is nice and low.  
    This guitar plays superb!

£1500

Sale or trade on both, cash either way depending.  Mainly interested in 0, 00 size shorter scale. No cutaways or barn door electronics though please…what have you got? 

Again no postage but collection/meet up within a reasonable distance of South Yorkshire. 
    Thanks 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2022
    The Waterloo has sold. 
    Kalamazoo on hold.
    edited May 2022
    Well after keeping the Kalamazoo on hold for someone for getting on 4 months they have decided they cannot afford it.

Anyway as a result it's back on the market. 

£1695 (lr baggs m80 pick up fitted)
    £1550 without pick up.

Trades still an option for smaller bodied short scaled somethings...
    postage could also now be an option.