SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Taylor 522ce Electro-Acoustic Guitar, V-Class bracing

JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 37
edited May 2022 in Acoustics £

Taylor 522CE Electro-Acoustic Guitar

For sale is my Taylor 522CE electro-acoustic guitar.

They say:

“Newly enhanced with our game-changing V-Class bracing design, this all-mahogany cutaway Grand Concert packs plenty of mahogany’s signature midrange warmth and focus into a lap-friendly body size. The hardwood mahogany top adds natural compression across the tonal spectrum, which helps smooth out your attack to produce a linear response that tracks well for solo recording and playing with other instruments. V-Class bracing delivers even more projection and sustain, while serving up beautifully calibrated intonation. The shorter-scale (24-7/8-inch) neck helps with fretting and bending strings, making this a fun option for blues and other roots music genres. The modern-vintage aesthetic includes a shaded edgeburst body and neck, faux tortoise shell binding, a rosette of faux tortoise shell framed by grained ivoroid, and a grained ivoroid Century fretboard inlay. A Venetian cutaway invites you up the guitar neck, while Taylor’s plug-and-play ES2 acoustic electronics relay the guitar’s natural sonic nuances in an amplified setting”.

Highlights

Scale Length: 24-7/8"

Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle

Bracing: V-Class

Number of Frets: 20

Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown

Body Length: 19 1/2"

Body Width: 15"

Body Depth: 4 3/8"

Body

Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony

Top Finish: Gloss

Rosette Size: Single Ring

Back/Side Finish: Gloss

Rosette Mat.: Ivoroid

Stain/Sunburst: Medium Brown Stain, with Shaded Edge Burst

Neck

Neck Width: 1-3/4"

Fretboard Inlay: Century

Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony

Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony

Type of Neck Joint: Scarf

Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany

Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony

Neck Finish: Satin

Heel Length: 3-1/4"

I bought this new on a whim earlier this year, but have only played it about a dozen times (at home only), so it is in mint condition. I’m really an electric player and this is far too good for my limited acoustic abilities. A guitar of this quality shouldn’t be just sat on the wall, although it does look very nice up there, so I’ve decided to sell. 

With the original case and even the original box it came in.

I have plenty more pictures if you want them.

This is a chance to buy what is effectively a new guitar and save a few quid (PMT lists the 12-fret version of this at £2787 and GAK at £2668). Only the 12-fret versions seem to be available at the moment, with Andertons having no 522ce of any type available.

Price: £1995 + delivery (~£15.50 Next Day Courier, England, Wales & Southern Scotland)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any interest at all?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited December 2021
    Tfb is mainly an electric players forum, acoustics take a looooooong time to sell especially high end, you're better off waiting for a £1 value fee ebay offer  
  • Thanks Strangefan, you might well be right.