Which Klusons replacements

SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
edited September 2013 in Guitar
Im after some replacement Klusons for my Gibson LP, Do i need PMMH-10 with a 9.8 dia or PMMH-40 with an 8.2 dia? existing bushings are the press in type - which is the look im after retaining, neither of these model codes detail the bushings type.....Does anyone know?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    You need 8mm for press-in bushings. Try not replacing the bushings first - many are compatible with the new posts, although there are some combinations which aren't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    You need 8mm for press-in bushings. Try not replacing the bushings first - many are compatible with the new posts, although there are some combinations which aren't.

Cheers fella, just the answer i needed. Indeed i intended to keep the existing bushings in place and just change the tuners!

• Definitely the Tonepros Klusons in whichever size appropriate for your LP. Best 3-a-sides I've ever used, and really nice plastic used on the tulip buttons too.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires