SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB tele body

What's Hot
TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
edited December 2021 in Parts £
Looking for a relatively cheap telecaster body, ideally finished (black or oly white ideally but natural/oiled is cool too) and would really like something loaded or at least part loaded with a bridge and control plate. Doesn't have to be top quality as I just want to try a tele out and this is probably the cheapest way of doing it - already have a strat neck and decent tuners that should do the job for now.

Budget - under £100, cheaper the better tbh so long as it's not a dead piece of plywood or something.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited December 2021
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    TTBZ said:
    telecaster body … already have a strat neck
    MIND THE GAP!
    Tele neck pocket has a squared off end. 
    Strat neck has a rounded heel. 

There will be an embarrassing air gap in the corners of the neck pocket. On a CBS-era Telecaster Deluxe, this is hidden beneath the pickguard. 

If your neck has a 22nd fret overhang, that might hide your embarrassment. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Yeah I'd read that can happen. Doesn't really bother me as it's only a tester at this stage, so would get a proper tele neck if I was to keep it.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    The Fazley FTL218NT tele from Bax music is a ridiculous amount of guitar for the money £59 and they'll deliver quick, mine came in 2 days iirc. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited December 2021
    That does look pretty good! I think what I might actually do is spend a bit more and go for that new Harley Benton TE-62 with the roasted maple neck and nice charcoal frost finish. Should be pretty good and I love the look and feel of roasted maple.