Tuner broken, how to replace?

So just restrung my recording king dirty thirty's parlour with 11 gauge monel strings (they sound great)
Playing around and put it in drop d, tuning back up to E the fecker exploded.

Any ideas on where to get a retro button style tuner set?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just ordered some from ebay  - UK seller of guitar parts. They are can repairable if you can get the right glue and know how to fill in any hairline cracks and resurface but a set of tuner buttons/knobs can be had for about sick squid.
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Grand so. I'll check eBay. It's the tuner unit itself that's the issue, can't see any problems with the wood
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72410
    Like these?

If so, what's happened - the key split/fallen apart, or the casing come open? If it's the casing, they can often be re-rivetted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yep that's the design, tuner felt like it lost tension then the bottom of the casing? (The silver yoke) burst
    Actually I should be asking, where to source a drop in replacement?
  • I have a set of those I’ve been meaning to list if you’d like to see them? They’re exactly the same but with metal buttons…
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ooohhh shiny!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    In case none of the other options come through - we have these if you like the shiny ones

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72410
    Zonular said:
    Yep that's the design, tuner felt like it lost tension then the bottom of the casing? (The silver yoke) burst
    Have the metal pins actually broken, or just popped out of the baseplate? If they've just popped out they can usually be refitted and re-rivetted - this is a common problem with this style of tuner if they're made from cast alloy... I can't quite tell in the pic, but from what you're describing about how it's come apart, I expect so. If the pins have broken off it's game over though.

The ones jimmyguitar has are better quality, they're made from folded sheet steel and don't have this problem. You can get these with the plastic buttons as well, but personally I would just do the job once and for all and get the all-metal ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1113
    A picture speaks a thousand words
    Got sorted with the very kind Jimmy guitar coming to the rescue. Just wait on the next post of.....how exactly do I do this