Suggestions for a nylon string

What's Hot
Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
edited January 2022 in Acoustics
Looking for a nice, lightly built flamenco/classical for latin jazz (al di meolo style) ideally around £1k

I owned an Alhambra flamenco with cypress b/s a few years ago but would like something a bit more up market - but obvs cheaper than a Conde.  I tried a Lowden Jazz but felt a bit stiff and heavy - and pricey 

I definitely don't want a pickup or cutaway and but would consider a 'crossover' type thing with a modern neck shape  - equally happy with a traditional classical neck

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• As a purely acoustic guitar or best when put through an acoustic amp or PA? When I was looking at buying a classical in 2020 I played a few crossovers and they all sounded poor "in the room" and seemed intended to be amplified. 

I bought a made-in-China Cordoba C12 and love it. Really well built. Cedar top, ladder-braced. Sounds great. Cordoba has  some flamenco guitars in their product line, I believe - although that wasn't my focus when I was looking. 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited January 2022
    A couple of friends swear by Yamaha: https://www.jangoflamenco.com

Edit: sorry missed the no-pickup requirement.
  • A couple of friends swear by Yamaha: https://www.jangoflamenco.com

Edit: sorry missed the no-pickup requirement.
    Ooops, me too! :-) 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    Well I wouldn't necessarily rule out a pickup it's just that I wouldn't use it and I assumed it would be a compromise on this type of guitar.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 747
    Would recommend Ramirez 125 anos or 130 anos if you can find one second hand. These were commemorative guitars from Ramirez to celebrate how long they'd been making guitars and they sold really well. I have the 125 anos. I'm not playing classical very much now but it's a really good student grade instrument. 

The 135 year version is called the Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo but it may be too expensive for you (£1799).

Ramirez are a top maker but they're not above selling mid-price!!

Hope you find what you want.