SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - Seymour Duncan SSL-5T

What's Hot
HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
edited January 2022 in Parts £
The tone quest continues
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorry, I don't have one for sale, but the SSL-5 and SSL-6 (same pickup excepting the magnet stagger) are great pickups which retain a lot of Strat character, but with less high treble and more authority and push. They really help in the bridge position of a Strat, and don't have the odd nasal tone of the Dimarzio FS1. Dimarzio SDS1 is good if you fancy a big warm friendly tone with a fair bit of P90 character, but they are very deep (dimensions) and can be a fight to get in a vintage routed Strat. Good luck with your search! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    I strongly recommend getting the tapped version - for those moments when 8k would be more desirable than the full 16.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    edited January 2022
    I strongly recommend getting the tapped version - for those moments when 8k would be more desirable than the full 16.
    Great advice thanks! I did not realise this was available. I've updated my thread ;)