SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - 1965 Gibson LG-1 - SOLD

TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
edited February 2022 in Acoustics £
I’ve been on a crusade to find myself the right steel string acoustic and this way staying until I picked up something pretty special this week (will NGD it) that I thought I wouldn’t be able to get. So one in, one out with acoustics.

All original 1965 Gibson LG-1. This is cherryburst and I’m not usually a fan of cherry burst finishes but for me this sits in between cherry and sunburst and I really like. No breaks or repairs. It has a few dings which I’ve tried to photograph and plenty of natural ageing but I would say this is very clean.

Has had a recent setup at Feline. 

I would say neck profile is a C maybe D but I’m dreadful at trying to articulate neck profiles.

Comes with an old case (not sure if it’s original) but it’s……useless!

I’m based in SW London but do often travel around London and the Home Counties. Happy to discuss shipping with interested parties but need to find a box as I literally threw one out two weeks ago as wasn’t expecting to move any guitars on.

Moto and Glenn’s each have one of these for around £1,900 so I’m asking £1,600 ON HOLD

Trades wise I’d be interested in the following with cash either way;

- Gibson Guitar Of The Week (GOTW) Les Paul Classic Custom from 2007

- A pair of Gibson P90s from the 50s/60s

- Pre 1970s vintage guitars 

More pictures here

https://imgur.com/gallery/zmgGYal
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    I agree, that is a cracking burst.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    That's lovely.  There's also a 1963 version at ATB for £2495. I think your price is very reasonable. Also, I believe that it's the same model that Elvis used in Blue Hawaii.

I used to have one (a '64 I think, I bought it from Glenn) and I regretted selling it.
    Call me Dave.
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    DB1 said:
    That's lovely.  There's also a 1963 version at ATB for £2495. I think your price is very reasonable. 
    Have just seen the ATB, that has nice crack on the back too!
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 707
    A one week bump