Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar help...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    fretfinder;33276" said:
    As someone once said - 'only a Gibson is good enough'. OK, that someone was actually Gibson, but personally I would look for a decent LP Studio and try to find one that is no heavier than about 9lbs. I'd rather have a Gibbo hanging round my neck than a copy any day of the week, and you only live once!

(Cue the usual comments about 'superior' quality Japanese guitars...)
    Its a fair comment and I haven't ever played a bad LP Studio - I've played great ones and I've played ho-hum decent but uninspiring ones, but never bad.

I was looking for used Gibbos before I bought my Edwards but they were just a touch out of my reach financially. If I'd had the cash, I'd have bought a Gibson and probably not even tried out the alternatives. As it happened, I'm glad I did. As a working guitar, the Edwards is spot on. It isn't quite as nice as the LP Standards I've compared it with but its damn close. I know I can pick it up, plug it in and get a great sound with no messing, it looks the part and is built to last.

It's not a 'real' Les Paul and part of me still wants one but looking at the money the OP wants to spend a decent reproduction will get him 90% there. I'm not going to wave a flag claiming all the Japanese copies are superior as one has never blown me a away like a really good Gibbo has done, but when they come so close and (in the case of the Edwards models) can comfortably be had for well under £500 used they're worth some proper consideration.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Or just buy a Tele, that's a good shout too, haha!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom