Gary Moore book trying to find.

What's Hot
Hive mind: m trying to track down a tab book I had as a nipper (mid 90’s) 

it was a Gary Moore tab book, covering his 80’s period nothing post After the War, I can’t recall it’s name and I’ve not been able to find it online. 

The cover had Gary onstage in an ‘action’ shot playing a blonde strat. 

I know it’s a long shot but any ideas?

TIA. 

Ben. 
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Holy forking shirtballs!!!

That’s the badger!!!

obviously your Google-fu is more powerful than mine. 

Cheers man. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Quick update. 
    I won the book, so it’s on its way to me now. 
    @wolsnah thanks for the link. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4767
    edited January 2022
    Gary Moore book trying to find. 
    Yoda Empire Strikes Backpng

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23256
    Good work @wolsnah! ; I've never seen that book before, but I have got the "Original" Hendrix and Randy Rhoads books.  Not that I ever learned anything from them.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835
    Old colleague said he once came home from work to find Gary Moore shagging his Mrs (not Gary's Mrs, that is). Apparently Gary got out of the bed and then tried to beat my colleague up. The cheek! You think you'd run away with your draws round your ankles, but no! 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1761
    Loobs said:
    Old colleague said he once came home from work to find Gary Moore shagging his Mrs (not Gary's Mrs, that is). Apparently Gary got out of the bed and then tried to beat my colleague up. The cheek! You think you'd run away with your draws round your ankles, but no! 
    That's the last thing I expected to read on the internet pre 8am on a friday morning......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1246
    Loobs said:
    I'd be running for cover.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    gubble said:
    Loobs said:
    That's the last thing I expected to read on the internet pre 8am on a friday morning......
    That's no bad thing....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Nice one @professorben , it was an odd moment, as a somewhat Gary Moore fan I was curious what your post was, read it and your description rang a bell with me in my subconscious that I knew exactly the book you were on about as I'd thumbed through it myself in my youth. I had some time to spare so thought I'd try and help out and within five minutes or so saw the very book I thought you meant, plus it was for sale. Happy to hear you've chased it down and bagged it :smile: 

Like @Philly_Q I too have the Randy Rhoads one, out of which I think I learned the intro to Crazy Train and the first 15 seconds or so of Dee, and to be honest, I've not improved much :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    gubble said:
    Loobs said:
    It would be a miracle if I was reading anything pre 8am on a Friday, or any other morning... 

But what an extraordinary story.  I'm really curious what sort of circles your colleague or his wife moved in, to meet Gary Moore in the first place.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Philly_Q said:
    Good work @wolsnah! ; I've never seen that book before, but I have got the "Original" Hendrix and Randy Rhoads books.  Not that I ever learned anything from them.
    I learned to stop buying tab books. Mind you, I had about 20 before I learned the lesson.
    wolsnah said:
    Like @Philly_Q I too have the Randy Rhoads one, out of which I think I learned the intro to Crazy Train and the first 15 seconds or so of Dee, and to be honest, I've not improved much :lol: 
    When I said I hadn't learned anything, I was exaggerating a bit (who me?  I've told you a million times do not exaggerate...). 

I did actually learn quite a few bits and pieces from the Hendrix book - that was probably the peak of my guitar playing progress, 38 years ago.  But I didn't pick up a single thing from the Randy Rhoads book, not one note.  I guess I must have tried, but it was simply beyond me.

I've still got both books, I found them last night.
    edited January 2022
    Philly_Q said:
    gubble said:
    Loobs said:
    It would be a miracle if I was reading anything pre 8am on a Friday, or any other morning... 

But what an extraordinary story.  I'm really curious what sort of circles your colleague or his wife moved in, to meet Gary Moore in the first place.
    It was years and years ago when I worked as a bike tour guide from a bike hire place based at Gabriel's Wharf on the southbank in London. The colleague was a fellow tour guide. I think he was a jobbing actor. No idea who the wife is/was. This is all about 15 years ago and the Gary Moore thing I suspect many years before that. 
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1371
    Loobs said:
    Philly_Q said:
    gubble said:
    Loobs said:

It was years and years ago when I worked as a bike tour guide from a bike hire place based at Gabriel's Wharf on the southbank in London. The colleague was a fellow tour guide. I think he was a jobbing actor. No idea who the wife is/was. This is all about 15 years ago and the Gary Moore thing I suspect many years before that. 
    I bet your mate has still got the blues about it.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1079
    My dad (a big GM fan) asked me to try and track this book down for him a few years back as i once loaned in from bham library for him an age ago...funny that as soon as he said "you know that gary moore book" i knew it was the one with yellow txt red jumpsuit and a cream strat,same reaction when i sae your post.....anyhows i couldn't find a Hard copy but i did track down a digital version in PDF, So if any one is stuck trying to find this one gives a shout, as it's well OOP

• Gizmo said:
    My dad (a big GM fan) asked me to try and track this book down for him a few years back as i once loaned in from bham library for him an age ago...funny that as soon as he said "you know that gary moore book" i knew it was the one with yellow txt red jumpsuit and a cream strat,same reaction when i sae your post.....anyhows i couldn't find a Hard copy but i did track down a digital version in PDF, So if any one is stuck trying to find this one gives a shout, as it's well OOP

It’s very much a nostalgia thing more than a learning resource, I could prob figure out most of what is in it eventually, but it’s a bit of a link to my early guitar playing days, sat on the bed at my grandparents during the holidays. Very much like the SGTB cover. 

Sometimes a tangible link to a another space and time is just what you need to kick start your passion for something, sometimes it’s a new guitar or a pedal, sometimes it’s just a book. 

Either way I’m excited to get cracking again, and the added bonus of being able to listen all the tracks now, not just a copy of  Victims of the Future. 
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1079
    It’s very much a nostalgia thing more than a learning resource

+Wiz, Had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks back, i spotted a Red karmer pacer "classic" in a local shop (way overpriced @ £300 2nd hand..but hey what isn't overpriced these days) came back to trawl to see if i could grab one cheaper online (got one in black for £130 deliverd from reverb and very nice it is too) while checking out images this popped up.

I guess its because DDG thinks Red guitar must inc every type of Red guitar..and i was like "well that's not a pacer but i Know that guitar...yep let me check ...YT "Trial by fire" yep...now had "the new order" on looped play for 2 weeks and relearning all the riffs i spent hours slowing my turntable down to pick out 30 years ago ;) got to say it's much easier now lol

• AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 246
    MrBump said:
    Loobs said:
    I'd be running for cover.
    ...over the hills and far away?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11384
    Either that, out in the fields or back on the streets.