SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Ovation

Got a serious ovation itch that needs scratching.

Looking for a USA elite ideally, but open to ideas on other USA models

Anything about - cash or trades
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Anyone? Still looking 
  • Hi there,

As much as I can’t really condone an acoustic guitar with a plastic back and sides, I’ve just seen one of Facebook marketplace. 

It’s a Balladeer 30th Anniversary USA model with bear claw spruce top, so don’t know whether that’s of interest? Up at £1250, is that a good price?
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    I have a 1975 Ovation Balladeer that's in need of a little restoration if your looking for project?

Album of current pics (you might need to skip to the end in my FS album)

Zip file for the full size images

Details i got for it last time i checked.

1112-4 serial of 049234 dates it to sometime 1975

Over all she in pretty good shape for a 40 odd year old acoustic but a few things that need looking at are as follows

She has a few lacquer cracks two on the front (must be just in the lacquer as i can't feel any trace of them on the inside the top)
    and one on the rear of the neck behind the nut these kind of cracks are very common on Ovations of this age due to the type of hard but brittle finish which was used during their production.

Frets 10,12 & 13 are quite worn\filed on the high E side so these may need re-freting, Roset is lose and needs its back refinishing.

Gives a shout if you might be interested.

Cheers
    Gizmo

• russpmrusspm Frets: 443
    Got a Celebrity CC-047
    @russpm sorry, not what I'm after.

@gizmo ...hmmmm wasn't thinking of a project but looks interesting. Would very much depend on bow much you're looking for

Cheers

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    @monofin I have a few emails out to various places about values/restore costs but no replies yet, infact i cant even seem to find any values for these models/year in better condtion, just to say apart from the cosmetic things it's a fully playable guitar (well unless you get up high on the e string!) Any ideas yourself?
  • @monofin I have an Ovation Adamas II in excellent condition if you're intrerested in a Carbon fibre top model. It's a reverse blue sunburst with cutaway.
  • I have an Ovation Elite special. Plays really well, it's not mint and would be best described as player grade. Comes with the correct hard case. I can send pics if you're interested. I'm in Nottingham 
    Fatfumbs said:
    I have an Ovation Elite special. Plays really well, it's not mint and would be best described as player grade. Comes with the correct hard case. I can send pics if you're interested. I'm in Nottingham 
    Hi @Fatfumbs sent you  pm